Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vauxhall insult

It might be me, however I think this is a huge insult...

I own a Nov 2002 Vectra, 2.2 Elegance automatic, which has only done 45,000 miles. It started to play up at the middle of December, and has been in Arnold Clark ever since - (This is partly due to Arnold Clark)...

It has been through Sensors, Exhaust Systems, ECU's, however I took out extra warranty, so they have picked up most of the bills, however I am still out of pocked by over £1,000. It works out that the legendary leaking of coolant into the box has caught the car, so it is a complete rebuild of the box. I have been on the forums and surprised at the number of people that have complained about the same problem.

I contact Vauxhall explaining the above, only to make the point that if there has been such a large number of repairs needed to a specific range, should they not have taking accountability and recalled or at least investigated it.

After I emailed them, to confirm the situation, I received this responce... "After reviewing your request in depth, as your vehicle is now significantly outside of our parameters of goodwill, unfortunately we are able to assist with any of the repair costs."

First I never asked for costs, and secondly they do not expect their cars to last more than 6 years with 45,000 miles???

Sorry for the rant on my first post

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

yep am afraid VX customer service is not that great,but no worse than any of the others ..... good luck with the repairs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0cdti 160bhp

Year : 2010

Mileage : 92274

does your car have a full vauxhall service history? as most cars that do not get missed on any reworks and non safety recalls that would get done while the car is being serviced,there have been a lot of cases where the car had a fault while just out of warranty and did not have a vauxhall service history and it was a case of tough,where a car with vauxhall service history there will be a lot higher chance of help.no help to you nw though.

as to your gearbox have you tried to get a good second hand box as it may be cheaper in the long run

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My sister-in-law had a 100,000 mile, 5 year old Polo which shae had serviced at VW main engine. Gearbox packed up and VW covered all labour and half cost of new gearbox. That's customer service, VX just don't have it!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alvesd View Post
    It might be me, however I think this is a huge insult...

I own a Nov 2002 Vectra, 2.2 Elegance automatic, which has only done 45,000 miles. It started to play up at the middle of December, and has been in Arnold Clark ever since - (This is partly due to Arnold Clark)...

It has been through Sensors, Exhaust Systems, ECU's, however I took out extra warranty, so they have picked up most of the bills, however I am still out of pocked by over £1,000. It works out that the legendary leaking of coolant into the box has caught the car, so it is a complete rebuild of the box. I have been on the forums and surprised at the number of people that have complained about the same problem.

I contact Vauxhall explaining the above, only to make the point that if there has been such a large number of repairs needed to a specific range, should they not have taking accountability and recalled or at least investigated it.

After I emailed them, to confirm the situation, I received this responce... "After reviewing your request in depth, as your vehicle is now significantly outside of our parameters of goodwill, unfortunately we are able to assist with any of the repair costs."

First I never asked for costs, and secondly they do not expect their cars to last more than 6 years with 45,000 miles???

Sorry for the rant on my first post
    Sorry. but whether you own a BMW, Audi Vauxhall or what ever, you can't expect the manufacturer to take accountability for a car thats nearly 6 years old. Also what history has it had?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    My sister-in-law had a 100,000 mile, 5 year old Polo which shae had serviced at VW main engine. Gearbox packed up and VW covered all labour and half cost of new gearbox. That's customer service, VX just don't have it!
    I disagree, back in 2002 I had one of the very first Zafira GSI's that had a few issues, just little things here and there.

Vauxhall after 8 months swapped the car for a brand new one at no cost to me, I specced up the new one with newly available options at my cost, basically another £2500 worth and on delivery Vauxhall covered the cost.

It's all down to how you treat them

I found that Volkswagen customer service was rubbish personally, my old Passat company car had done 61000 miles and the syncromesh on 2nd gear went, and they did not cover it at all!! Just were not interested.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Sorry. but whether you own a BMW, Audi Vauxhall or what ever, you can't expect the manufacturer to take accountability for a car thats nearly 6 years old. Also what history has it had?
    Sorry too, but I have to agree here. 6 years is a long enough time for a vehicle of any description to incur a hell of a lot of abuse or neglect.

Please note, I am not implying or inferring that you have mistreated the car, I'm just making a point.

When my 2.2DTi went belly up, Vauxhall eventually bent over backwards for me, until it went wrong again, at which point I washed my hands of the car.

On the basis of how they'd been up till that point and making great pains to point this out, I bought another Vauxhall.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm sorry but I have to back VX on this one, the car is twice the warranty period in age, although it's not reached the mileage certain things are dependant on time service items such as cambelts etc, history of the car is likely to be unknown after 6 years, it isn't any consolation to you I know but there has to be a time when the company has no interest in it's product anymore, however I think you could have a case against Arnold Clark as regardless of age it has to be fit for purpose, and it obviously isn't, check with citizens advice 1st but I think you may have grounds to reject the car, it will take a while and you will have to prove in court it's faulty without a fix on the horizon, but this could be your last chance to get justice.

I assume you bought from AC and not too long ago?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to back VX on this one, the car is twice the warranty period in age, although it's not reached the mileage certain things are dependant on time service items such as cambelts etc, history of the car is likely to be unknown after 6 years, it isn't any consolation to you I know but there has to be a time when the company has no interest in it's product anymore, however I think you could have a case against Arnold Clark as regardless of age it has to be fit for purpose, and it obviously isn't, check with citizens advice 1st but I think you may have grounds to reject the car, it will take a while and you will have to prove in court it's faulty without a fix on the horizon, but this could be your last chance to get justice.

I assume you bought from AC and not too long ago?
    same here tbh

Thread Information