Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Red face Awful exprience @ vauxhall ipswich

Hi all,

I am both angry and disappointed with the service I received at Vauxhall (Marshalls) in Ipswich today.

We had our Signum booked in to have a look at the engine management light we had on our dash, related to the current fuel pump issue.

I dropped the car off at 8am this morning for a diagnosis to be carried out, come 12 I hadnt heard anything so I gave them a ring as asked for an update 'we are just pulling it into the workshop and waiting for the tester machine to become free, you will hear something early afternoon'.

Come 2:15pm I give them another ring and asked for an update, I proceed to be told 'we are currently pulling it into the workshop...' Not impressed, I told them I would be round to pick it up in a few minutes, where the car hadnt even moved an inch!! The ****** liers!

The guy at reception said 'but you werent going to pick it up till 5pm, we were then about to test it' I dont think so...

There is no way in 2 hours they would have diagnosed the fault and fixed it.

I (Emma) work for Volvo Trucks and I am very familier with how things are done & this situation was handled very badly.

I will NEVER be going there again, however I can highly recommend Vauxhall in Diss :-)

Best Regards
    Emma, Ian's 'better' half... :-)

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had one experience in the same dealer a few years ago and I can't say I was impressed. Mrs Duncan was working in Ipswich during the week and her car needed a service/something looked at. I can't recall the specifics but I wasn't impressed with them and the car never went back to them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Emma,

You need to write to the manager and tell them why you won't use them again.

Only then will they know there is a problem and that it is affecting customers returning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did you state to the garage you were going to pick it up at the end of the day? Did the garage have the mandate to diagnose and fix on the same day? If the answer to my first question is yes, then, if it were me I would tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. If the answer to my second question is yes, then you are probably correct, they may well be struggling to fix it in the time remaining but in your text you state that it was booked in for them to have a look at it. To me that means a diagnosis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry,

But I can't understand how it takes hours for a tech 2..... I visited a busy service centre and they had the codes read and re-set within 15 minutes.... i did'nt even pre-book......

Write a letter to VX H.Q and tell them the dealer in question. I see the view Stg is taking I would'nt give them the time of day.... You booked for a 20 minute job... it should have been done.
    'dropped the car off at 8am this morning for a diagnosis to be carried out'
    The guy at reception said 'but you werent going to pick it up till 5pm, we were then about to test it'
    That is the quote you need to tell them...... If everyone did every job when the customer is about to collect how would they make money!!!!
    Last edited by Stevie-B; 16th January 2009 at 14:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

yet more shocking service from a vx dealer time we gave them a wide berth well the bad ones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In defence of the dealer it is not that easy planning when a car enters the workshop to get diagnosed. I work in a busy VW workshop and other factors like people dropping in and waiting for their car and people wanting to collect at an earlier time all influence when your car goes in as you said you would collect at 5pm. Saying this though does not excuse the use of the same reason twice when after your first call your car should have been brought forward as you were quite clearly concerned about the issue your car had.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In responce to you all...

I booked the car in on this day because they had the necesssary expertise and equipment available to diagnose AND repair my vehicle. They knew I made a special trip with the car to Ipswich (30 miles, Ian normally takes the car to work), they knew quite clearly that I wanted this vehicle back asap and 5pm was the latest I could pick the vehicle up.

George K - I am very in touch with the fact that planning is not that easy for a workhop! I work for Volvo Truck and Bus in Ipsiwch and we too also have a problem where people pop in saying 'can you just do this...' Or a number of breakdowns happen through the course of the day which put our work schedule behind, I completely understand this, but not once did they ring me saying we are having a few issues at present and are unable to start your car just yet. They could have then given me an option to leave the vehicle a bit longer or rebooked it. I would have had no problem with this. But there was NO communication from them at all... which to me is just very poor service.

I never leave my customers in the dark & I am sure you george k wouldnt do that either!

I may draft a letter to them reference this issue, but I am sure never to go there again.

Emma

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree with you that they should have contacted you at least to say they were running late and ask if you could leave the car with them as we would do in our retailer. This would have been the most courtiest way of dealing with the situation as now, if they are scored on customer experience, as we are from VW, first time fix is very important and if there is anything we can do to resolve issues's in one visit to retailer we will do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know I'm going against the flow here but if you said 5pm and arrived early you can't 100% say they wouldn't have addressed the problem by then. I agree that lying when you phoned is wrong though.

I've seen and experienced a lot worse from a local VX dealer. I had my car collected from work (30 miles from home) for a service once and not returned. On this occasion the dealer phoned at 5pm to say they needed parts for a problem they had found. Left me without a car and no way home, not happy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information