Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Been And Seen

Insignia

VV report to follow

As I got in the showroom 4 salesmen and the dealer director approached me and asked me for my opinion, I could see they were bent slightly forward looking for my approval, upon planting the royal ass in the drivers seat of an SRi I felt back home noting that someone at VX had listened to me by putting rear electric windows in the SRi at last, I adjusted the seat up down and backwards and positioned the wheel to my liking, assuming the get the punter mode I could see it all clearly...that's £3.80 sir, thx drives take a tenner
    I pushed the buttons rotated the dials, all had a lovely feel to them, the nav unit burst into life asking me if I wanted to go to Southampton, I declined one ...thole in one day is enough for me without going to another now came the real test, the rear....ohh dear, better than the Vec by a few mill, lower though and not ideal for tall folk riding there, I got out and checked out the trunk, not quite as good as the Vec, height wise anyway, I looked at the 18's on her and the overall picture.....

Well sir asked the Director

I'm not sure I replied *letting him think I wasn't smitten*

I'll tell you what he said, we were going to give you an SE for free, but to seal the deal have an Elite Nav with all options and 3 weeks in Bermuda on us, I looked at the time and said sorry I just haven't the time right now to do the paperwork, maybe later.

The real story is much of the above and I do want one, I'm prepared to sacrifice the comfort of those in the back for my own vanity, I want one, I will have one, just not yet though, and I hear the call of all the other firms calling their stylist's in to come up with a rival, this car is going to suck the fleet market dry, so much so I was also on my way to see a Passat 2.0 Sport as well, after the visit to VX I knew I didn't want a Passat anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh yeah and Ford have really had it now with that thing they created last year, whatsit called .... oh yeah the Dullondeo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

guess you liked it then Ian .............sure you wernt dreaming ?????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    guess you liked it then Ian .............sure you wernt dreaming ?????????

Nope, I fell for it straight away, SRi in Black with the 18's on it, got in it and instantly loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

glad to hear some positives about the car ...........i must admit i loved the car when i saw it at the british motor show..........was a high quality car........looks alot more for the money than the Vectra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I just thought what a gr8 looker, the one I was pawing was a saloon, it got me in the same way for it's looks as ppl from the past would've viewed the Willy's Coupe and 69 Mustang fastback, not for the shape, but the overall look of that's tasty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good to here more positive remarks about the Insignia VV, I think Vx have done a great job of this car (apart from rear visibilty!). Rear leg room is about te same as the vec c despite people saying its smaller, im 6'3" and can sit in the back quite comfortably.
    I never got to drive the SRI unfortunatly but did drive the range topper and felt i needed one right away. As for the Mondeo....Its miles behind, and not even in the same legue as the Elite 4x4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had a look at one today at my local vx dealer,must say very stylish looking motor,i want to look at the tourer aswell as i have 2 dogs so will need the space but having looked at the salon cant wait to see the tourer.on one not the advert says it can read signs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by don paul View Post
    had a look at one today at my local vx dealer,must say very stylish looking motor,i want to look at the tourer aswell as i have 2 dogs so will need the space but having looked at the salon cant wait to see the tourer.on one not the advert says it can read signs

Yes, An option of forward facing camera which reads speed limit signs, flashing them on the display, and can be brought back up to remind you the speed limit (if you forget the speed limit)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by don paul View Post
    I think I'll wait for the Tourer as well tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information