User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vectra Estate- what spec & engine??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Vectra Estate- what spec & engine??

Hi All, got to replace my elderly Omega 2.5 V6 CD soon. Sadly not made any more or I'd buy another. Attracted to the Vectra estate as a possible substitute, but don't know which engine or trim level to go for. Got used to all the toys in the Omega, so would like all again, plus cruise if it's available. Does SXi spec. approximate to the old CD or CDX??

Think a diesel engine would suit, but which one? Reading the specs the 1.9 CDTi seems to push out 118 or 147 bhp, do we know which one is fitted in the estate, and is this the best option over a 2.0 or 2.2?

Lastly I've read elsewhere about very high oil consumption problems in some earlier (pre-03?) 2.0 and 2.2 DTi engines. Is this still a problem and has it affected the 1.9?

More interested in comfort, reliability and economy these days than speed!

Any help greatly appreciated

Oldgit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Omega's cracking cars

I personally own a Vectra 2005 Model 1.9 CDTi 150bhp SRi Estate (Breathe!). Fantastic car, slightly bigger than the saloon as based on the Signum floorpan but I love it.

From the sounds of things I would go for an Elite in your position. 1.9 CDTi is a fantastic engine, very economical, very quiet for a diesel and with the 6 speed box nips along bloomin' quick.

Elite spec will give you all the goodies you are used to. Coming from the Omega I would assume you want the softer ride.

Personally with the 3.0 CDTi and the 1.9 CDTi engines around now, both are superior to the 2.0 and 2.2 DTI engines from past IMO. Better on fuel, quieter and quicker.

Oil consumption on mine in non-existent. Just a year old now, 23k on it, doing 1k a week at the moment in it and doesn't use a drop. Matt on here has a 61k 1.9 CDTi 2004 model and it doesn't use a drop either.

Depends if you are going to tow or have heavy loads if you should go for the 1.9 120 or 150bhp engine. Personally I prefer the 150bhp as it is quick in standard form and cruises on the motorway well. Leave it in 6th for anything over 60mph. Plus it is the 16v engine. The 120bhp is the 8v engine.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well said CDTi mate. I agree.

I have the 1.9 CDTi 150 but a hatch & have had no problems - the car is smooth, quiet & damn quick as well.

I have used zero oil at all in 18 months & 20K miles

Cruise is standard on all models I think, but I'd check the other specs as vx like removing as much as they can to save cash. That way you'll know what you are getting.

Good luck mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

another one to look at if your used to the V6 is try the 3.0 V6 CDTi.

did need a top of oil before its first service, but this may have been due to the fact it was a hire car for the 1st 6 months.

Would avoid the 2.0 & 2.2, they are older style diesel's not common rail, nowhere near the 1.9 in terms of refinement & performance, however they are better on consumption.

So I would try to find a 3.0v6 cdti Elite spec.

Tim.

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Welcome Oldgit i think you might find the design spec is the closest to your current cd spec.Deffo go for the CDTI personally i would get the 150 model, have you also considered the signum there are some cracking cars out there

P.S I notice your only in chester so get your self down to Ellesmere Port on sunday and come and say high to the gang as we will have most specs on the display for you to look at HTH

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi
    most has been said
    1.9CDTi in either bhp would be the best option don,t get fooled by the cheeper price of the 2.0/2.2 DTi cos what you save will be lost in mpg very quickly

Design is the replacement for CD/CDX models

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Design is the replacement for CD/CDX models
    Ooops thought it was Elite!

however they are better on consumption.
    Never found that between our 1.9 CDTi Vectras and 2.0 DTI and 2.2 DTI in our company mate. The DTI's are going off lease shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Design is the way to go mate, it's 3k cheaper than an Elite, the spec you will lose is this.

1 - 16 rather than 17 inch wheels

2 - Leather Trim, unless spec'd by original buyer

3 - Heated front Seats...£100 option, cant believe every Design didn't have them

4 - Zenon Headlights...expensive to replace.

5 - Climate Control....which imo is a waste of time, I've had it twice in my Omegas, and all it does is blast you with cold air once the car gets past the temp you set, not nice in winter, at least normal air con can be set at a constant temp of your choosing whether the window/door is open or not.

It all comes down to what you want/need, if its show then its an Elite, if it's cost you cant beat the Design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oldgit,

I was in the exact same position coming from Omegas(fab cars). Went for a veccy estate.

I had a CDX Omega and the equivalent Vectra was the elite, although the elite does not have a standard sunroof or zenons, on the plus side(to most) you gain leather.

The CD spec would be eqivalent to the design I woulds have thought, minus the heated seats though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for all that good advice folks- you've collectively cleared much of the fog. Good to know there's such a lot of knowledge out there!

1.9 CDTi 150 Design or Elite it is then. Hope it's as good as my Omega, have gotten really used to it over the last eight years.

Thanks again to all who responded

Drive safe

Oldgit

Thread Information