Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : cdti 150

Trim : sri

Engine : z19dth

Year : 2005

Default vec c

just wondering how a vec b compares to a vec c.
    does it feel the same, do they suffer from same probs,hows the driving compare.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well you have started something here.

I went from a Vec-C back to Vec-B. The C has a great spec and is quite comfortable, but personally I prefer the Vec-B, although the seat comfort is shocking. With the C I found that there are more things to go wrong, well at least there were with mine!

Vec-B aint as well equipped as the C and depending on which engine you go for they both have issues. I think the Vec-B DTI engine had some issues with EGR Valves, as does the C CDTI Engine.

On the whole, IMHO the Vec-C is a totally different car. Loads more space and generally I thought it felt like a bigger car. Feels a lot more planted to the ground too when driving, as with the Vec-B I notice sometimes it feels a little roly poly!

Having said all this, I ocassionally drive my dad's Vec C SRI CDTI 150, now that is a cracking car. I had an SRI CDTI 120, persoanlly I felt that this was quite underpowered and was like a nail!

Was glad to see the back of it especially as I lost £2000+ in 7 MONTHS! SHOCKING ....I know!

So now we have a Vec C SRI CDTI 150 and the Vec-B SRI DTI 130.

Personal preference really! What do you have at the moment, I take a Vec-B...what spec, etc?
    Last edited by Vaux-Man-G; 13th January 2009 at 10:48.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

wanting a sri but unsure on petrol or diesel but want it to have good acceleration like mine i have now.

this is my current car (wich is 4 sale) 1.8i sri and to be honest it's the best car iv'e owned,and it's got very good pick up on it. mmmmm not sure why im getting rid realy but been fancying a c for some time now.
    i just hope im not going to regret getting rid for something that causes me probs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by andy76 View Post
    wanting a sri but unsure on petrol or diesel but want it to have good acceleration like mine i have now.
    I would look at an SRI CDTI 150. Try the Design model too, quite well spec'd. includes DAB, Half-Leather's, etc. Again, the CDTI 150 is pretty much available throughout the range! I agree though, the SRI in the Vec-C does look incredibly smart!

this is my current car (wich is 4 sale) 1.8i sri and to be honest it's the best car iv'e owned,and it's got very good pick up on it. mmmmm not sure why im getting rid realy but been fancying a c for some time now.
    I had the same feeling about 10 months ago, so got rid of my 2001 SRI 2.2 DTI 130 and went for a 2004 SRI CDTI 120, but since have come back to a 2001 2.2 SRI DTI 130.

i just hope im not going to regret getting rid for something that causes me probs
    Was soo glad to see the back of my Vec-C TBH, but I think this was maybe a one off. I spent soo much money on it and it was perfect when I sold it, so someone got year's of happy motoring. Nearly every other week over 6-7 months something or another had to be done. But at the time I was adamant nothing else was going to go wrong so kept plouging money into it, in the end I though enough's enough so bit the bullet and got rid! Also depriciated like a ton of bricks, lost over £2000 in 7 months.

Choose the right one and I think you should be OK. I think its pot luck. But I would definately advise paying that little bit more for something with low mileage! But as said, its pretty much a gamble, some good 'uns out there and some right farking melon's!

Oh, and after watching Watchdog last night, maybe the 2.2 Direct Petrol is one to avoid?

--------------------------

I went from this Grey B 2.2 DTI 130,

to this Silver C 1.9 CDTI SRI 120,

to this Silver B 2.2 DTI SRI 130.

And this is what my dad drive's and he love's it!
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...=dad%27s+beast
    Last edited by Vaux-Man-G; 13th January 2009 at 12:58.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have had a 2l petrol Vectra B and a 2.2 petrol C. The 'C' wins hands down, in performance, handling and comfort, the earlier C's have lots of toys and are going for very low prices at the moment.

As to petrol or diesel that is your choice, but you will find that they will both accelerate quite well, I think it is just down to how many miles per annum you do as to which is cheaper to run

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers for the info guys,
    just hoping there's gunna be somthing right out there for me when my vec b goes.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had 2 'B's, a 2.0 Sri and a 2.5 V6 Sri, as well as my 2.2 Sri 'C'. which is 'better'??
    mmm....
    the B has a more solid feel, particularly to the bits surrounding you, almost Audi-like for toughness. my first car was lots of trouble, mostly sorted out by the network Q w/tee. i liked it though, and went for the 2.5 afterwards. i really liked that car, but after about 4 years got to the point where it was going to need tons of money spending on it over the next year or 2. i didn't have as much trouble with that car though. the airbag light kept coming on despite the hopeless main dealer having about 6 goes at sorting out the seat belt pre-tensioner wiring. the rear suspension bushes are a common problem from 70000 miles upwards. the handling wasn't as good as the C is. the newer car feels just that - more modern. depends how much that means to you really.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0cdti 160bhp

Year : 2010

Mileage : 92274

i have owned 3 vectra b,s and 2 vectra c,s and one thing i have found is all of the vectra b,s and my sisters vectra b all suffer from lift off over steer,where the vectra c does not suffer from this,one thing you have to remember is the vectra c is a heavier car and as it is more modern it does have better suuspension but also is more complicated and if something does go wrong electricaly it will cost more,it was mentioned about going for the design and dab radio,well that was only the case for 2005 model year on,the 2004 model range never had a dab radio not even as an option,the 2004 model has sensor wiper where on the 2005 models on it was an option and very rare as well,if you do buy a vectra c i would go for a 2004 model year for the toys or newer if you can afford it but you lose the sensor wipers/auto dimming int mirror

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Personally only ever owned the Vectra C
    It is the best car ive ever had for spec (Pre facelift Sri) and the drive is nice too however i have had it lowered 40mm as it felt a bit spongey when i first had it

Thread Information