User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - Anyone had to battle with a warranty company ?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help - Anyone had to battle with a warranty company ?????

My car is out of action due to the gearbox, basically, its whining its t1ts off in 1st and 2nd. Its now been stripped and the diff bearings are so badly worn, there os no case hardening left. Main& Input shaft shaft bearings are also badly worn.

No problem, I have a extended premier warranty (with optional wear and tear). They have inspected the gearbox and said they aren't going to pay because its just general wear & tear.

1, Am i expected to drive the car until it the gearbox fails and I loose power to the wheels (and risk an accident) so I can say its failed?

2, diff bearing wearing through the case hardening in 66K miles is not normal.

3, What is the wear and tear policy for, if it doesn't cover wear & tear?

Anyone got any idea's on how best to proceed with these rip-off merchants?

Gutted !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The wear and tear covers only failed components at a prevailing rate, typically 50%

So lets say the gearbox differential bearing fails and the input shafts show signs of wear and tear
    They will ONLY pay out for the labour and parts for the bearing failure
    The input shafts can be replaced at your discretion
    The total costs are then covered at the prevailing rate

Example :
    gearbox labour is 12 hours
    differential bearing £20
    input shafts labour is 2 hours
    input shafts, £8 each or £16 in total
    Total labour of 14 hours, and parts of £36
    The pay 7 hours and £18, you pay 7 hours and £18

It's a complete con and waste of time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : CDTI160

Year : 2012

Is it the Vx warranty?
    If not, I hear too much about aftermarket warranty companies and how they try to wriggle out of paying anything. A little bit of small writing in their terms and conditions is all they need to cover their asses from paying out in a lot of cases.

My opinion is you're better off putting the money you'd pay for the often useless warranty into an account and save it up for when something goes wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got given one of these when I bought my Signum - it was too old for network Q. I wanted a new cambelt, they paid for the warranty instead. I am concerned about it as they can easily say anything is wear and tear.

However some peeps seem to have had better service on here perhaps they'll pipe up! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Is it the Vx warranty?
    If not, I hear too much about aftermarket warranty companies and how they try to wriggle out of paying anything. A little bit of small writing in their terms and conditions is all they need to cover their asses from paying out in a lot of cases.

My opinion is you're better off putting the money you'd pay for the often useless warranty into an account and save it up for when something goes wrong.
    I totally agree. Start off an account at 80 to 100 pounds per month and it soon mounts up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

Who is the warranty with ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its Warrantywise, I have just sent them a email contesting their decision,
    I have a plicy covering wear & tear, I can't use my car 'due to wear & tear' and they won't pay - Shocking!

Not gonna let this one lie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My experience of the Manufacturer / Network Q warranty is excellent - no quibble and no hassle. Aftermarket warranty is something I'd never buy again.

I took out a Warranty Direct cover to follow on from the Manufacturer warranty as their quote was about 30% cheaper - but actually worth 100% less as they tried several ways to reject my claim for just a couple of £hundred. Essentially, if your car doesn't break down, they won't pay. That means that if routine/preventative maintenance exposes a problem, that gives them an 'out'. After a couple of phone calls and letters I lost interest - I'm sure that's what they count on, but at the time I had too many other more important issues to deal with and let it drop. As has been stated several times in the past on this forum, there will be winners and losers on these warranty schemes.

My car is a well maintained and sympathetically driven 04 GSi with 48K miles on it. An aftermarket warranty would now represent a substantial percentage of the car's residual value, so to me it's just not worth the money. If I had to face a major repair bill like an autobox failure for example, I'd probably just junk the car and buy something else.

If you stick with it, I'm sure you will get some movement from your company but the whole idea of the warranty is to give you peace of mind! I hope your claim can be settled to your satisfaction - good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers mate, yeah, I think you get what you what you pay for (as in most things in life). Think I'll put money aside each month for the next motor. Its hard to stay determined, but I'll try at at 'em, will keep you updated on progress (if any).

To be honest, always really secretly knew they would wriggle out of any claims, hmmm, wonder if I can start my own warranty company, whoaaa, it would be a license to print money :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have i had trouble with a warranty company? does the pope **** in woods?
    i paid for an expensive [£300] 12 month lloyds black horse warranty when i bought my Sri at the end of last summer, just in case, like you do...
    2 weeks later it started rattling it's conkers off, went in, timing chain as loose as you like. this is with a genuine 35000 miles only. the warranty company said no chance, fault pre-existed. [like i would have bought it sounding like a transit diesel?] the supplying dealer agreed, slightly reluctantly, to pick up the tab [as is their legal obligation to do..]. but as soon as the workshop started stripping it they found the bolt holding the tensioner into the head had fallen out, wrecking the thread in the process. the warranty company then did agree, that yes, it was a 'failure' and paid up. the bill was over a grand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information