Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused alarm, swirl flaps, battery, problems

hello,

i'm new to site and to vauxhalls, just bought from car auctions a 2005 vectra 1.9cdti (z19dth 6 spd), from vauxhall lease, fsh, 49k miles.

first prob was lack of power as it was in limp mode - both spanner and engine light on, scan read swirl flaps and an ambient temp? sensor, both reset and ok since.

the next one wont go away - the alarm goes off randomly,the led flashes on arming indicating a fault, door and bonnet switches seem to be working ive read all the msgs on here about it and tried, the ultrasonics wiring, it did have the safeguard msg on the display for a while - its stopped and the behaved itself for a couple of days, now msg is back and alarm going off.

disconnected the battery for 1/4 hr and tried again but led still flashing, noticed on battery the green eye isnt showing indicating a battery problem measured the voltage at rest and it gave 12.20v, it is a vauxhall maintenance free battery but does have the cell access plugs.

I think the car stood for about 3 months before sale so possibly battery was flat and has been jumped - would this affect the above?

any ideas greatly appreciated cos vx want £82 to plug her in to the tech2 - also will disconnecting the battery loose the stored fault codes

cheers

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lightbulb

UPDATE!

rang round but cant get anyone to read a vx alarm code apart from local stealers (can see how they got that name!), so booked it in for tomorrow, but carried on trying to diagnose it myself.

got to the rear side windows (its an estate) with the break alarms fitted, got 56ohm resistance on the near side and 30Mohm/open circuit on the off side - looks like i found it!

Rang stealers back to get a price - wanted £268 to replace window or £124 to short the alarm on that side out - thats approximatly a £62 per inch piece of wire!

shorted it out with a bit of wire i had lying around (free per inch!) and set the alarm, the led was solid for 10 secs before blinking every 5 secs as the hand book says it should, and its not gone off yet - fingers crossed thats it sorted unless theres another problem.

going to shop round to see how much (or little) i can get a side window for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nice one, good fix!!

Thread Information