User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Adapter Lead

  1. #1
    Regular Member Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Adapter Lead

    This adapter lead has 2 connections for reverse gear and speed signal. It's the adapter lead for CD30 owners and Pioneer head units. (Hot topic at the moment)



    Where would I pick these feeds up from

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Regular Member pauls898's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Malvern
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The speed signal can be found on the iso block, its the SDVC labled wire for the speed Dependant Volume Control of the standard VX headunit.

    The reverse I just ran a wire from the reversing light blub in the rear light cluster and that works fine.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Excellent thankyou. Out of interest what is acheived connecting up to reverse

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Regular Member pauls898's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Malvern
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I can only assume your installing a Sat Nav, if so the reverse is to tell the unit that you have not turned around and are really going backwards. If on the other hand your fitting just a video / DVD player, these can be set-up with a reversing camera, and again to tell the unit you want the reversing camera activated.

    Some units like mine also has a connection to the hand brake so you can't watch your DVD's untill you apply the hand brake, Crafty lol.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Rikkiola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dunstable
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    is that the 152 wotsit thingy to maintain steering controls?

    Let me know how you go with that

    Just fitted the standard VX wiring loom after replacing my CD30 with Pioneer DEH P70BT (as you may have read)

    If you find a solution to keep the unit on without the ignition on...let me know !!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauls898
    I can only assume your installing a Sat Nav, if so the reverse is to tell the unit that you have not turned around and are really going backwards. If on the other hand your fitting just a video / DVD player, these can be set-up with a reversing camera, and again to tell the unit you want the reversing camera activated.

    Some units like mine also has a connection to the hand brake so you can't watch your DVD's untill you apply the hand brake, Crafty lol.
    I'm not but this is a standard Pioneer lead so must cover all head units including those with built in Sat Nav and DVD. So if I get one I won't need those connections as I only have the MP3 player / bluetooth unit

    Cheers

  7. #7
    Regular Member Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkiola
    is that the 152 wotsit thingy to maintain steering controls?

    Let me know how you go with that

    Just fitted the standard VX wiring loom after replacing my CD30 with Pioneer DEH P70BT (as you may have read)

    If you find a solution to keep the unit on without the ignition on...let me know !!
    It is the 152 lead, I am still yet to find a UK stockist. Only a dutch one so far.

    I have the same headunit

    I have been told the only way to keep the power on is to wire the ignition and live feeds to a permanent live on the car. Means you would have to switch the unit off everytime you got out the car

    Cheers

  8. #8
    Regular Member pauls898's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Malvern
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I wired mine up to the cars switch ingition so that with the key in ACC posistion the radio would come on and stay on till you removed the key, like the orginal one did and it would work from the VX timer so it would power off after an hour of being left on.

    The trick here is to use a power relay, because the cars switched ingintion can only supply a very small current, ie a few mA. So I wired up a transistor to switch on a relay which then supplys the main current direct from the battery. However when the key is removed this relay drops out turning off your radio/headunit. Smart hey....
    If you then also wire up the switched output back into your car this in turn keeps the timer alive alowing it to stay on with out the ingintion being on, and this also powers the roof aerial amp, but I have to say even with that working the reception on FM is **** to say the least, so I have just orderred the DAB hideaway unit to further expand my system.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauls898
    I wired mine up to the cars switch ingition so that with the key in ACC posistion the radio would come on and stay on till you removed the key, like the orginal one did and it would work from the VX timer so it would power off after an hour of being left on.

    The trick here is to use a power relay, because the cars switched ingintion can only supply a very small current, ie a few mA. So I wired up a transistor to switch on a relay which then supplys the main current direct from the battery. However when the key is removed this relay drops out turning off your radio/headunit. Smart hey....
    If you then also wire up the switched output back into your car this in turn keeps the timer alive alowing it to stay on with out the ingintion being on, and this also powers the roof aerial amp, but I have to say even with that working the reception on FM is **** to say the least, so I have just orderred the DAB hideaway unit to further expand my system.

    Hi, this is exactly what I am after. Was this easy to do, given that my electrical experience with my car is somewhat dubious. If so is there any chance you could knock up a quick how to and a parts list

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Regular Member pauls898's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Malvern
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Will do, but I'll have to figure out how I can draw a schematic on here, probably draw one up and post as a pic, rather than trying to explain how to do it. I'll see what I can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Do i need an adapter lead or not?
    By wesleyneary in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th July 2011, 19:35
  2. USB Adapter
    By chinarose87 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th March 2010, 01:36
  3. Kenwood head unit adapter to Connects2 CANBUS stalk adapter
    By paulw77 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th December 2009, 07:01
  4. cd 30 adapter
    By chrispatch88 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th July 2008, 21:38
  5. VDA Adapter
    By caravaner-tony in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29th December 2007, 18:48

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •