User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: israel/palestine - what's it all about??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default israel/palestine - what's it all about??

it's not something we did in history at school, so i've never really understood what the problem is in that part of the world.
    can anyone give me a potted history, and a reason why the 2 sides hate each other so much? they seem to have been falling out over a poxy bit of land as long as i can remember.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

........you got a while matey, prob best bet is to have a look around the internet for a full and presice history......

like you said been at war a long long time now and doesn't seem to be either side will let up with the attack's, very sad really, have a few pallastinian friend's and they have had enough and will never return home because of the constant fighting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Doyou really want to ask this question? The main thing is Israel was created after the second world war and Palestine was no more. You can obvviously see how the Palestian people feel about this. It is more complicated than this but this is in the simplist of terms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You'll get a million different answers depending on what side of the line people stand on.

I think I'd be a bit hacked off if my country had been attacked by 8000 missiles in the last few years. (and the neighbouring 'Government' had one aim, which is the destruction of my country)

The finger of blame for the latest episode should be pointed at Hamas and no-one else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    You'll get a million different answers depending on what side of the line people stand on.
    As MLC states you will get mant conflicting opinions on right/wrongs of this conflict.

You will notice however that you rarely see any mention of Hamas war planes or tanks, this is because they have none or at best very few.

The links provided give good insight into the area's history, but what many fail to mention is the unfair bias imposed by the likes of the USA.

Outside of Israel, the USA has one of the highest jew populations, many of whom are in powerful positions sufficient to influence USA foriegn policy. It is this high incidence of jewish opinion and influence within the USA that makes Israel the powerful country it is today, it was once reported that almost half of the USA goverment are from Jewish decent, that being the case it is not surprising to find the USA heavily allied to Israel. Which dis-re-garding the 2 nations differences, rather makes the whole conflict a little one sided doesn't it.
    Last edited by 67688c; 8th January 2009 at 17:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think 8000 missiles fired at Israel in the past few years makes a case all for itself.

(That and Hamas/Hezbollah's aims of destroying Israel..along with Irans intention of 'wiping Israel off the map.)

Hamas gets tens of millions of dollars worth of weapons/explosives from Iran. The anti-tank missiles they were using today, didn't magically appear.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, I think the 'America is run by Jews' view is something that shoud be left on an extremist website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't want to get involved in this chat anymore! Think he asked for a simple explanation not peoples opinions on who's is right or wrong. It's a slippery slope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

On a subject like this, you're going to get a lot of 'peoples opinions'. How you view the history, is down to your own beliefs.

As long as it doesn't turn into a slanging match/racist platform then there's nothing wrong with a debate.

Just wait till VV logs on, all hell will break loose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information