Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation Whooshing noise

Don't know which section this should be in, but does anyone have a whooshing noise when starting car in a morning, i get it every morning it's alright once warmed up! also my brakes grind sometimes when applied, i have replaced everything round the wheels incl, new pads and discs all round! any help would be appreciated

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hey macane.....have a look at this thread....is this what you got going on?

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66111

As for the brakes grinding, god only knows....I had that on my ex-Vec C, gave up in the end!

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks fella, seems it a norm thing when cold, wish i had a turbo version though, instead of an 1800, mind you this was enough to put me off the blue oval............................................FO R LIFE!!

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Brake Noise

Hello there i had a simular problem on mine in regards to the brakes making a grinding noise. I like your self had new disks and pads which made no difference. Do you find that the brakes start making this noise when you've been driving for a abit i.e. when the brakes start warming up. If so its the same problem i had and several other people i know with different cars. The problem is that nower days when they make the brake pads they dont use aspestos anymore and when the pads start to get hot they start getting hard there by making them sound like they are grinding. The solution we found is quite grude but effect. For years my friend has been putting copper grease on new brake pads, what this does is makes the top layer of the pad go soft and therefore they bed in better and in my case and others cured the noise. However please remember if you do, do this, grease and brake pads are not meant to be mixed and there is people out there whos minds would explode at the very thought, you must go careful for the first 100 mile, try to avoid heavy braking and remember to leave plenty of stopping distance as the brakes will not be very effective untill they have properly bedded in.

Hope this is some help and remember please be careful.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

will try this and thanks very much

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Brake Noise

No probs. All you need is a tin of "Copper Grease" and just make sure you only put a thin coat on. (We just used a rubber glove and smeared it accross).

Hope this works for you and like i say, go careful... Wouldnt want your next problem to be a written off front end

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big_G_77 View Post
    Hello there i had a simular problem on mine in regards to the brakes making a grinding noise. I like your self had new disks and pads which made no difference. Do you find that the brakes start making this noise when you've been driving for a abit i.e. when the brakes start warming up. If so its the same problem i had and several other people i know with different cars. The problem is that nower days when they make the brake pads they dont use aspestos anymore and when the pads start to get hot they start getting hard there by making them sound like they are grinding. The solution we found is quite grude but effect. For years my friend has been putting copper grease on new brake pads, what this does is makes the top layer of the pad go soft and therefore they bed in better and in my case and others cured the noise. However please remember if you do, do this, grease and brake pads are not meant to be mixed and there is people out there whos minds would explode at the very thought, you must go careful for the first 100 mile, try to avoid heavy braking and remember to leave plenty of stopping distance as the brakes will not be very effective untill they have properly bedded in.

Hope this is some help and remember please be careful.
    I wouldn't try this. Im no brake expert but if you do this and your brakes fail then I would imagine you would be in deep trouble. Have you tried a set of Red Stuff pads or similar if the standard ones grind. I take it the grind at any time and not just first thing? If its just when you use the car for the first time then it will just be a little surface rust forming on the discs overnight.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Brake noise

Well clearly you are no brake expert because this is tried and tested, it is not recomended, its only the same as bedding in new brakes (they are not effective untill bedded in)... yes ideal it is done in a place where there is nothing to crash into however i did do mine on country roads. No disrespect but I would say unless you have a better solution, your advice is not needed.

P.S. All brake pads are considered harder nower days due to the lack of aspestos so you could spend a fortune to find they still grind aswell.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big_G_77 View Post
    Well clearly you are no brake expert because this is tried and tested, it is not recomended, its only the same as bedding in new brakes (they are not effective untill bedded in)... yes ideal it is done in a place where there is nothing to crash into however i did do mine on country roads. No disrespect but I would say unless you have a better solution, your advice is not needed.

P.S. All brake pads are considered harder nower days due to the lack of aspestos so you could spend a fortune to find they still grind aswell.
    If its not recommended then why recommend it? Your solution is both foolish and dangerous.

I have given my opinion and its just that, my opinion so no need to judge me.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Brake noise

Well what ever im not going to argue with you but my car is still in one piece the brakes work perfect and guess what.......... no more noise. Thanks for your advice....... hang on........ what advise?

Oh by the way next time your brakes need changing, feel free to get someone else to bed them in.... wouldnt want you to feel foolish.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information