Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down Network Q 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Anyone got any details on the Network Q 30 day money back guarantee? Bought a 1.8 Sri in December and have had several problems with it.

1. Lights dmming when steering at low revs. Told that this 'was a characteristic'. Looking on here it looks like its quite common. More of a design fault than characteristic. Also thay fitted a second spring to the handbrake. Thought that this should have been done before I picked the car up.

2. Steering play. Nut worked loose on steering UJ. nut and bolt replaced under warranty. Problem resolved.

3. Noticed that the rear light clusters are different. The left has a smoked indicator and the right an orange indicator. Only noticed it when I had to change a brake light bulb.

Surely an approved used car should be better than this?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

From the Network Q site:

Used cars - Network Q 30 day exchange pledge

We're so confident of the quality of our cars, we give you a 30-day exchange pledge

Our 30 day exchange is in addition to your statutory rights. If during the first 30 days of ownership your vehicle develops a mechanical or electrical fault to manufacturer's original equipment which can not be repaired to a satisfactory standard, you can exchange it for a Network Q vehicle of equal value on display at the Network Q supplying dealer where you bought your vehicle.

Conditions which apply to the 30-day exchange pledge are:

If you choose to exchange your vehicle for one at a higher price you will have to pay the difference.
    The supplying dealer must be satisfied that, apart from the faulty component, the vehicle is in the same condition as when it was delivered to you.
    If needed Network Q will appoint a qualified motor engineer to examine the vehicle to confirm whether it qualifies for an exchange under the terms of the 30 day exchange pledge. This service is open to every Network Q owner and is free of charge. Please ask your Network Q dealer for details or phone the Network Q Guarantee helpline on 0844 573 8010.
    The exchange must be completed within 30 days of you taking delivery of the vehicle and within 1,000 miles of the delivery mileage.

http://www.networkq.co.uk/nq/morefro...dayexchange.do
    Last edited by Stevel; 3rd January 2009 at 19:44.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Fozman View Post
    3. Noticed that the rear light clusters are different. The left has a smoked indicator and the right an orange indicator. Only noticed it when I had to change a brake light bulb.

Surely an approved used car should be better than this?
    If the light clusters are different then that is the condition that you agreed to purchase the car in
    You would need to negotiate with the sales person and agree a price to have the modified one replaced with an original and correct one

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    If the light clusters are different then that is the condition that you agreed to purchase the car in
    You would need to negotiate with the sales person and agree a price to have the modified one replaced with an original and correct one

Erm. If it was me I'd be negotiating nothing. Why should he pay to have their oversight put right?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The steering thing is normal. Was the same on my two Mk4 Astras and the Corsa C.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yep the lights going dim when turning at low rev's is normal. Its due to the electric steering drawing a large current. Its no different to when you put the heated rear window on and the lights dim.
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if your not happy with it then exchange it, make use of the 30 day exchange policy.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Erm. If it was me I'd be negotiating nothing. Why should he pay to have their oversight put right?
    It's not an oversight
    If you have viewed the car and signed a purchase agreement, then you are accepting its condition as at the time of that inspection
    If the parts fitted are not original then sadly the dealership would be within their rights to charge for any replacements to put the car back into the condition you want
    However, if you notice that parts may have been changed then you can query it before you sign the purchase agreement

As above, return to the original sales person and let them deal with it
    In most cases they will perform the swap for free, resolving the issue

Almost every car I have had has some item that I have had to highlight for attention
    This is from missing aerial, missing alloy wheel lock key, missing documents, and so on
    So long as they are listed in the purchase agreement, then if they fail to be replaced within 30 days then you are quite within your rights to return on the 30th day and cancel the purchase (less any costs in those 30 days)

I've done it before, with a Rover, but it works best if the deposit is paid by Credit Card and there is at least a basic hire purchase agreement in place, you can then leave it to them to sort
    I returned the car and within 2 hours was leaving their premises
    The hire purchase agreement was cancelled at a cost of £55 and residual vehicle value loss of £650 (mileage in 30 days)
    Last edited by m8internet; 3rd January 2009 at 23:53.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    It's not an oversight
    If you have viewed the car and signed a purchase agreement, then you are accepting its condition as at the time of that inspection
    If the parts fitted are not original then sadly the dealership would be within their rights to charge for any replacements to put the car back into the condition you want
    However, if you notice that parts may have been changed then you can query it before you sign the purchase agreement

As above, return to the original sales person and let them deal with it
    In most cases they will perform the swap for free, resolving the issue

Almost every car I have had has some item that I have had to highlight for attention
    This is from missing aerial, missing alloy wheel lock key, missing documents, and so on
    So long as they are listed in the purchase agreement, then if they fail to be replaced within 30 days then you are quite within your rights to return on the 30th day and cancel the purchase (less any costs in those 30 days)

I've done it before, with a Rover, but it works best if the deposit is paid by Credit Card and there is at least a basic hire purchase agreement in place, you can then leave it to them to sort
    I returned the car and within 2 hours was leaving their premises
    The hire purchase agreement was cancelled at a cost
    of £55 and residual vehicle value loss of £650 (mileage in 30 days)
    Well we're gonna gave to agree to disagree. I mean different lights on the back of a Network Q car that he's not had for 30 days yet.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Surely if you have viewed the car then you are agreeing to what you are buying?
    It is quite common to see Network Q cars that have had items removed or added by previous owners, the most common being alloy wheels
    You can hardly turn round after having had the car for a few days and report the car has the wrong alloy wheels, surely?
    It would therefore be the same with the light cluster, that was what it had on the viewing and purchase day
    After all it is a used car, not a new car
    Quite different it had been supplied new, then I would be going absolutely blue at them!

It has also been known for cars on dealership forecourts to have parts swapped to get another car back to a customer
    I would be looking for signs that the incorrect light cluster was in fact a quick replacement for such a job

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information