Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: car cleaning help please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

we tip for you mix auto glym super resin and the extra gloss together 50/50 mix gives a real nice shine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by jimmygal View Post
    we tip for you mix auto glym super resin and the extra gloss together 50/50 mix gives a real nice shine
    THANKS i will give it a try

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

no bother i use it on my silver vectra works a treat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I always use collinite 915 wax, lasts for ages and gives a great shine. Can be a tad expensive tho. Cheaper one is 476 which is still decent.
    Happy waxing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have never heard of mixing SRP and EGP together. I supose it saves you doing the 2 steps and merges them in to one. SPR is a light abrasive polish with fillers to mask swirls and light scratches, EGP is a sealent to lock the finish in and add a gloss to the surface just like a wax. Im not a fan of EGP I prefer waxes but my next full detail on my vec, astra and corsa will all include a few layers of a sealant Zaino Z2pro for the first time.

Personalyl I wouldnt mix the 2 products, adding EGP could reduce the effect of the SRP and same thing the other way the SRP could reduce the effectiveness of the EGP reduceing its ability to bond with the surface therfore not lasting as long as it should if applied on its own, the durability is what gives sealants their advantage over waxes. SRP has the abrasives in there hich need to be worked to cut the paint and stand a chance of removeing swirl marks, the EGP doesnt need working in the same way so you are just wasteing elbow grease working the EGP. Collinite being the exception as that is very durable both in 476 and 915 forms when you think you will get 20-30+ applications from a standerd tin of colly they are not that expensive buy the large tin of 915 and your looking at a few years of waxing from the tin, it will probably rust away before you get to an empty tin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    I have never heard of mixing SRP and EGP together. I supose it saves you doing the 2 steps and merges them in to one. SPR is a light abrasive polish with fillers to mask swirls and light scratches, EGP is a sealent to lock the finish in and add a gloss to the surface just like a wax. Im not a fan of EGP I prefer waxes but my next full detail on my vec, astra and corsa will all include a few layers of a sealant Zaino Z2pro for the first time.

Personalyl I wouldnt mix the 2 products, adding EGP could reduce the effect of the SRP and same thing the other way the SRP could reduce the effectiveness of the EGP reduceing its ability to bond with the surface therfore not lasting as long as it should if applied on its own, the durability is what gives sealants their advantage over waxes. SRP has the abrasives in there hich need to be worked to cut the paint and stand a chance of removeing swirl marks, the EGP doesnt need working in the same way so you are just wasteing elbow grease working the EGP. Collinite being the exception as that is very durable both in 476 and 915 forms when you think you will get 20-30+ applications from a standerd tin of colly they are not that expensive buy the large tin of 915 and your looking at a few years of waxing from the tin, it will probably rust away before you get to an empty tin.
    i have been mixing them for years works for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Two separate products. One's a polish and ones a Sealant as LJ said.

Have you tried applying them in the correct sequence as a comparison Jimmy? I don't think the shine will be any better but the paint should stay looking good for longer I would imagine and be easier to wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i mix products at work to do it quickly, but for my own car i would take my time with each step and use a single product for each step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Two separate products. One's a polish and ones a Sealant as LJ said.

Have you tried applying them in the correct sequence as a comparison Jimmy? I don't think the shine will be any better but the paint should stay looking good for longer I would imagine and be easier to wash.
    as i said works for me been doing it for years and if i put the products on individually i notice no difference at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have not tried the 50/50 mix with AG products before so was wondering, do you mix it as you use it ie, in a seperate container, or can you mix it in its own bottle and leave it to use on future applications. What I am asking is...can the mix be left once mixed?

I have used both mentioned AG products on their own and found them to be good but would be happy with the reduced amount of effort and time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information