Thread: Checking diesel Injectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Checking diesel Injectors

I apologise for raising a seperate thread on this (my previous being Lumpy and Rough V6) but I am desperate to try and find an answer to my 55(facelift model) V6 Signum which does not appear to be firing correctly on all cylinders. Its been in the Vx dealer and no diagnostic code is showing and the spanner light has never been lit on the dash. Its going back in tomorrow but before it does I am trying everything I can to get as much info and possible solutions to this problem.

From my previous post and from reading others a contender seems to be a faulty diesel Injector -could this be the case even though no fault was showing?

I have added Miller Power in case it is a dirty injector but have not run the car for long enough to see if this clears it.

How else can I detect if an injector is faulty? I read on another post that you could disconnect the wiring harness from each injector in turn to see if it made a difference - I am not technically minded but assume that if you disconnected a good one then it would make it even more lumpy but if you disconnected a faulty one then you would not notice a difference.
    Is this a sensible thing do to? also is it safe to do this? can doing this cause any damage?
    Can anyone describe to me where and how to do this?

This forum has proved invaluable to me in the past and any help on this problem would be very much appreciated.
    Decho

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im a vx man and ive got a 3.0 that has had 4 injectors and ive got a mate who had a problem with his ..as stated in pri thread ......removal of the plug will show up wich injector is faulty it will run lumpyer or even cut out if a good injector is disconected ..less or nothing will happen when you disconect the faulty injector ...you can have these tested and repaired at carwoods in birmingham ,...and they can also suply new units cheaper than vauxhall ..removal and fitting is another matter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    im a vx man and ive got a 3.0 that has had 4 injectors and ive got a mate who had a problem with his ..as stated in pri thread ......removal of the plug will show up wich injector is faulty it will run lumpyer or even cut out if a good injector is disconected ..less or nothing will happen when you disconect the faulty injector ...you can have these tested and repaired at carwoods in birmingham ,...and they can also suply new units cheaper than vauxhall ..removal and fitting is another matter
    Excuse my ignorance but can you tell me where I can find the injectors - I assume there will be 6 on a V6? I have removed the cover of the engine and there are 6 connectors 3 at the front and 3 at the back of engine - they are connected to the something on engine block - are these the injectors?

Thread Information