Thread: Which Vectra? Exclusiv or SRi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Which Vectra? Exclusiv or SRi

Next week I'm probably going to buy a Vectra, but which model?

Approx 10 years ago I bought a new Vectra Arctic 1.8 which I hated and got rid of after 6 months! At the time I was in my early 30's and had only ever driven hot hatch's, I think the move from a GSi Corsa was too big a shock to the system at the time. Currently driving a 1.9 CDTi (120) Astra S/H which has lowered sports suspension, I really like it but the boot just isn't big enough for the amount of equipment I carry in my job. The back seat + front seat are fully loaded too!

Now I'm older wiser and most importantly I need the extra boot space a Vectra has. I do approx 18,000 miles per year all of which are on A & B roads, basically no motorways at all. I'm ellegible for the Partners scheme. I'm going to have to get a test drive or two next week to see if I'd be happy driving one, if I am then I'll have to decide what model. To minimise depreciation I intend driving this car for 3-4 years.

I'd more or less made up my mind to buy a new 1.9CDTi 150 Exclusiv with plus pack and ask the dealer to activate the trip computer as part of the deal. Then a couple of days ago I called into a dealership to discover they are selling lots of year old SRi CDTi 150s for around £10,000 (Mostly 10-15,000 miles). SRi is better equipped, lowered sports suspension which I'm used to, sports leather wheel, nicer instrument clocks, more adjustable seats and probably other small points. Exclusiv + pack has the benefit of being new, one insurance group lower, DAB radio, display screen would be the GID type. The suspension being softer may be better for the type of driving I do. The Exclusiv + pack would probably only cost me around an extra £500. Buying a new SRi isn't an option due to a limited budget.

So new car with lower spec and a little extra cash or year old car (Assuming of course I find one in the condition I want) slightly cheaper but with better spec? Your opinions please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I bought A brand new Exclusiv on the partners scheme and traded it in after two years for a three month old SRi XP2 Nav. Don't think I'll be buying a new car again. The Sri was £10,000 cheaper than new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I went through the SRi/Exclusiv decision too. In the end I went for the Exclusiv option due to the the softer suspension. However, most of my driving is on the motorway. The SRi is better round the bends on B roads but for me the ride deteriorated too much, it's all personal preference and driving style really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I personally would go for the SRi, but then I would say that as I am now on my third sri vectra-c. The driving is more "involved", I find that you have more feel of the road and you know exactly what the car is doing. The steering is more responsive and you also have a better steering wheel with it being leather and of a smaller diameter. Seats are more supportive. Springs are firmer but then I do use my vectra for towing the caravan which the stiffer set up works great with. The faceleft vectra sri has a slightly softer set up than pre facelift sri's.
    Choice is down to your own preference.
    Your right about the radio, I have changed mines from the CD30 to the CDC40 with DAB and 6-disc changer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I use to drive astra sxi, now vectra exclusive. Tell u one thing u can't beat the handling of those sxi or sri models, on the other hand I love the comfortness of my vectra exclusive and I drive on A&B roads most of the time. For me NO for hard suspensions and bucket seats, anyday I will go for exclusive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Today I visited 4 dealerships as I'd more or less made up my mind to buy a yr old SRi. As I've previously only really driven SRi, SXi, GSi and models of that ilk I thought there was a good chance I'd get bored in an Exclusiv.

Tbh I'm a bit fussy about the condition of my car, I'm in no way a cleaning/detailing freak but I do like to keep my car tidy. By that I mean no kerbed rims, no door edge damage, no shopping trolley dints (All ways park in the far corner on my own ) The interior is looked after, as in no scratches lumps etc taken outta the trim or seats. All the cars I looked at today had something wrong which would put me off buying.

By the end of the day I'd decided that even if I had found a "perfect" condition Vectra that I don't think I'd change my Astra S/H for it. I like the look of Vectras on the road but up close there is something that I can't put my finger on atm that makes me not want to own one.

So despite needing a bigger car I'm not going to go down the Veccy route. I'll just have to tell my boss I ain't lugging all that equip about on the off chance I need it (That'll please him!) and my dear old Mum will have to continue to struggle in/out of the Astra bucket type seats for a while longer.

Thanks for the advice ... John

PS: Sat in an Insignia SRi saloon today .... WOW "I WANT"

Thread Information