Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default whats your worst experience behind the wheel

mine was falling asleep and running into kerb about 2 feet away from barrier. gave me the frigt of my life and changed the way i drive and that was about 10yrs ago in my mk2 astra sri buckled both ns wheels as i hit kerb at about 70

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine has to be when i was reckless and stupid when i first passed my test. I was driving stupid and skidded ended up going backwards on the wrong side of the road hit the kerb flipped the car through a fence (the post came through the window) car rolled a few times over a verge and fell and landed in the mud on its headlights! It was a suzuki swift 1.3gti. Anyways at that moment the 2 tonne (not in weight) trolley jack i had in the boot came through the back seat and between me and my cousin and out through the windscreen. The doors were crushed so we had to climb into the back and out the windows. With petrol leaking all over us. Luckily we were both ok part from a cut or 2. people were passing saying cant believed you survived that. I guess someone was watching us. To make matters worse it was the day after i started going out with rachel (now my wife) and she passed our wrecked car on a driving lesson. So i look back everytime i fell that urge to be stupid and think! Not worth it! Plus with my stupidity there could have been another driver on the other sode of the road (i was lucky again). Thats my worst!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2012

Mileage : 9k

mine was years ago go when i was driving taxis was going down our main street when this young guy ran out of a close straight in front of me so i slammed on the brakes but i hit him and must have hit him hard because of the noise so im sitting in the car shaking and thinking my god iv killed him them the **** jumps up gives me the fingers and runs away well i took the rest of the night off i think i was still in shock

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had quite a few scary moments but probably the worst was about 30 yrs ago whilst I was driving round a roundabout alongside an articulated lorry. The driver didn’t see me on his off side & cut into my lane. As I disappeared under his trailer his back wheels hit my boot & flipped me onto the central island where I careered head long into a concrete lamp post. Seconds later the top section of concrete, complete with light fitting, fell off & landed on my roof. Needless to say the car was a write off
    Last edited by Ian S100; 17th December 2008 at 17:02.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Incident 1 -

Going down the M1 towards London, just passing the MK junction when a lorry comes flying down the slip road and just joins the motorway, forcing another lorry to swerve into the middle lane as a National Express is overtaking him, which then pushes the Coach into the fast lane as I'm overtaking the coach... All I could see was the coach swinging towards me, luckily I was only doing 70-75 and the Signum had the guts to jump to nearly 100 by the time I had opened my eyes again! This was a couple of weeks after I had passed my test, so brown trousers moment...

Incident 2 -

It was early morning, around 6am, again going down the M1 South to London, passing a service station slip road a foreign car driver decides, instead of waiting for the lorries in the slow lane to pass, he boots it and doesnt make it...

The lorry slams on his brakes, but still clips him... This pushed him into the middle lane, where another other taking lorry hits him side on... which then pushes him into the fast lane... IN FRONT OF ME! Luckily again, I'm doing below the speed limit and was able to easily swerve around him and pull up in the hard shoulder and run over and help him out... Problem was... THIS IS THE BIT THAT **** ME UP!

4 weeks later I was contacted by the police... The guy had virtually every blood disease know to man! (And I was covered in it!!) So off I go rushing to the Doctors for all these blood tests, seriously... I had never been so scared in my life! I'm so glad I took the time to use my 1st aid kit and rubber gloves etc...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1. Looking down at the steering wheel as I drove away from the garage with my new motor and seeing the Ford badge on the wheel.

2. When I nearly killed me and the missus in the Cavaliar SRi.

Came off the A3 way to quick and tried to get past a lorry as the two lanes went to one on the elevated sliproad. Made it past the lorry but then the road turned sharp right and I just couldn't slow down enough. I actually picked a landing spot on the car park below but somehow the car got round the corner.

We didn't speak all the way back to Streatham. Slowed down after that.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

first one was approx 1985 in my saab turbo batting down the A49 to whitchurch, came round a bend to find my side of the road full of volvo overtaking tractor....locked up brakes and went up embankment and thru hedge, no real damage to car surprisingly, 50/50 really, he shouldn't have been overtaking a craptor before a bend/i shouldn't have been going so quick.
    second one was booting my 944 porsche down a bendy and damp road close to home. lost traction and lost control. went through a hefty wooden barred fence and into a field backwards. 100% my fault.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Got to be when I was in one of my old Vec-B's, was driving through a short tunnel near to Brum Centre and was going up a hill, running late so was tearing it a bit, and then all of a sudden my car dies on me-TOTALLY, no engine, no electrics, with a whole line of cars behind me approaching fast and my car wanting to roll backwards, and what made this the worst was that my pregnant wife was with me and someone couldve come and shafted me from behind !! Scared the life out of me as it was the outside lane too!

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Most horrible moments when I was younger were down to impatience with people (road rage, I suppose). Never knowing if the pranny you upset was going to come and lamp you one!!! It's got worse as time's gone on IMO.

I'm much calmer now and IMO, one of the calmest drivers you can meet! I forgive so many t**ts on the road, even Mrs John C S reckons I'm laid back!!!

Mrs John C S had a local TV company Transit van cut her up about 18 months ago. He basically raced her off from the lights in the RH lane and cut in front of her to take a slip road. She braked so hard that apparently a lot of wanring lights appeared on the dash of the Vectra (probably momentarily stalled in gear until she let the clutch in!).

I actually found out where the driver and van lived, went and found it, sat outside and considered what I should do. Setting fire to his bosses van was favourite or doing the tyres.

I did nothing in the end. I'm a good citizen after all!!

Staffordshire (used to be Newark) And Back to Newark again!!
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Having to listen to my mrs on a long journey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast