Thread: I'm f**+ing Annoyed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default I'm f**+ing Annoyed

At the way we are treated, I'm even more annoyed that ppl who are victims actually stand up against their class, Manchester is a prime example, who in their right mind would vote for a congestion charge, I've not got time to go into it right now, but I could forgive someone for erradicating the suits in this country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know how you feel mate. Every day this country is going downhill.
    As you know we will not be getting the congestion charge as it stands. But I'm sure they will reduce the size of the zone and give it another go.
    Friend's of the family, a couple in their late 50's, non driver's voted FOR the congestion charge. I asked them why and they said " to reduce the pollution " I tried to explain that it does not help as seen in London and explained a little "
    But they said they never realized that London was still very congested and the government a just making a fortune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There is a huge pot of money up for grabs. Manchester saw it as A way of completing the tram network but the fly in the ointment was that the money would only be released if a Traffic Management System was introduced. That's code for A Congestion Charge.

The council then spent a fortune on surveys and from that reached the conclusion that unless it was introduced jobs would be lost, investment would be effected and costs to industry would be increased.

Next was the publicity campaign during which they produced A brochures for every interest party. The one we got in work talked about journey times and transport costs.

It must have cost an absolute fortune when if thay would have just asked the people to start with it would have been clear that there was no way it was going to be passed. I found the literature flawed with connections made between journey times and job losses that made no sense. They also said the industry was in favour of the charge. I do not know of one single business that they asked locally.

Having said all that traffic is getting bad in Manchester. The M60 around Trafford Park is at a stand still every evening in the clockwise direction. Something does need to be done like a car share system but the CC was always going to be kicked in to touch.

That pot is still there so the next local authority can now step up to the plate and throw money at the brochures and surveys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I heard that all the prep work etc for the Manchester Congestion Charge was £34million. They should of let me have it as I could of spent it alot better and had somthing to show for it afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I'm glad it's not only me that feels this way, and as it's not clear in my original post, I say a big up's to the ppl of Manchester for kicking it to the curb, the ones I was having a go at is the ones like Glen said who voted for it, crazy ***ts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    Well I'm glad it's not only me that feels this way, and as it's not clear in my original post, I say a big up's to the ppl of Manchester for kicking it to the curb, the ones I was having a go at is the ones like Glen said who voted for it, crazy ***ts.
    Classic case of propaganda though Ian. Bullet points we're all over the brochures. You had to really READ them to see that the surveys did not support the claims. They were just in the same paragragh.

£34,000,000. What a waste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Classic case of propaganda though Ian. Bullet points we're all over the brochures. You had to really READ them to see that the surveys did not support the claims. They were just in the same paragragh.

Absolutely, it just shows how priorities get lost doesn't it, whoever thought it up was banking on ripping it back out of the motorist at a big rate, almost like a gambler doubles up when he lost last spin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

TBH I cannot understand why anyone would vote for this. Whatever the alleged benefits being quoted by certain people by having congestion charges is purely a myth. At the end of the day, its simply just another way of raisimg yet more money from UK car owners.

AYK government is anxious to initiate poll charges on our congested motorways, purely because its another way to tax us further, only thing stopping them is the forcasted massive backlash that would be unleased when people object to paying just to be stuck in jams. The proposed poll charges are not a realistic option here in the UK. We simply don't have the infrastructure in place to justify charging people to use the overcrowded motorways.

The local dealers if driving my old Vectra
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post

Dont forget the ASA case of the TV adverts been a touch bias....

Terran

Thread Information