User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help needed on cd70 satnav unit your opinions on the unit please!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help needed on cd70 satnav unit your opinions on the unit please!!

Hi guys i have bought my self a vectra sri facelift 150bhp with the satnav built in thats what helped me buy the car to be honest for working away but i have got it home played about with it and i dont no if its me or not but it is the worst satnav ive ever seen or used its ****E!!!, Why the hell is it only finding main roads if i put in my home address it wont find it and will only find the main road at the top of the street its the same for everyones home address i put in, If you were going somewere out the area put in a post code you were giving loff someone ets say sr8 5dx it will only let you put sr8 5 in then you look for the street and its not there plus only putting in 4 letters just puts you in the hole ****** town your going to as everyone uses the same post code apart from the last few letters to decide the streets why the fooook did they even bother to make these systems what do you lot think and does any of your satnavs show the streets on the map when driving through them mine is just blank till it shows street or main roads come on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

how old is the map disc? or is the car brand new?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its a 55 plate motor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

also most of the streets i am looking for have sat their for 60 years.
    Try these post codes in your cars and see if they find me street or freinds street.
    SR8 5DX HATFEILD PLACE PETERLEE
    DH6 3DH MORRISS CRESENT THORNLY
    let me no guys it has my head farting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have this head unit in my var but in my glove box is my tomtom 910 so say no more i have had to get my tomtom out a few time like maddogwhite27 says streets that have been around 60 years pluse are not found and mys cars is a 2007 with the last maps on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The post code thing is A joke. 5 digit postcodes?????????

Unless you are in a newish property your address will be in there somewhere but the system is quite picky as to what town it's in. My brother lives in Great Sutton, Ellesmere Port but his road is only listed under Great Sutton.

Although I hated it at first you do get used to it and the TMC works very well. But finding the destination would have been so much easier if they had included full postcodes.

The main reason I wanted a NAV version was for the MP3 capability and the Aux in. If the CD30 had these features I'd have opted for that and kept my TomTom
    Last edited by Stevel; 15th December 2008 at 23:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had this sort of problem with my 55plate signum as it came with the 2005 navi disc,i bought the 2007/08 disc and it seemed to find a lot more places and streets......i have seen a update disc for the cd70 navi on ebay now and again for around £20. it says that it will update all of the features and speed up the system etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by dcdevlin View Post
    i have seen a update disc for the cd70 navi on ebay now and again for around £20. it says that it will update all of the features and speed up the system etc.
    I'm sure I've seen mention on here that Vauxhall sell the update discs for £5 or £10 (can anyone confirm?), so before spending £20 on ebay, ask your dealer if no one comes back to confirm my reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : sxi

Engine : 1.9 CDTI

Year : 2005

Quote Originally Posted by dcdevlin View Post
    i had this sort of problem with my 55plate signum as it came with the 2005 navi disc,i bought the 2007/08 disc and it seemed to find a lot more places and streets......i have seen a update disc for the cd70 navi on ebay now and again for around £20. it says that it will update all of the features and speed up the system etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I'm sure I've seen mention on here that Vauxhall sell the update discs for £5 or £10 (can anyone confirm?), so before spending £20 on ebay, ask your dealer if no one comes back to confirm my reply.
    I beleive the update disc is only a few pounds from a dealer, however it is not the same disc as 2007/08 (or indeed now a 2008/09) mapping disc.

The mapping discs can be found for £20-£30 on here or ebay (they are quite a lot more from the dealers or direct from navtec)

The update disc just updates the software in CD70; menu options etc...

I've got the CD70 and find it quite good, although it is the first sat-nav I have owned, so maybe its because I haven't had the luxury of a better sat-nav. Yes, it only does upto 5 figure postcodes, what I tend to do for those hard to find places is use the postcode first, then switch to the map view, scroll/zoom to the required location and whilst browsing, set the destination point. Its worked for me so far.

Thread Information