0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : XP SRI

Engine : 1.8vvt

Year : 58

Mileage : 77856

Unhappy Help

Hello all new to the site came accross it today looking for help/info for my vec 03 1.8 ls.the engine management light came on today the car lost power and is making a loud knocking noise under the bonnet any ideas what this could be?,it sounds expensive?,have only had the car for 5 months and has seemed to be reliable just the occassional light with the spanner and once the light with a picture of the steering wheel but they both went out after turning the car off and on again but this engine management light has,nt been so kind to me it happened today and i dont want to start it and make things worse?,the cars only done 26k and im the second owner!,any one got any ideas?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nismo128 View Post
    Hello all new to the site came accross it today looking for help/info for my vec 03 1.8 ls.the engine management light came on today the car lost power and is making a loud knocking noise under the bonnet any ideas what this could be?,it sounds expensive?,have only had the car for 5 months and has seemed to be reliable just the occassional light with the spanner and once the light with a picture of the steering wheel but they both went out after turning the car off and on again but this engine management light has,nt been so kind to me it happened today and i dont want to start it and make things worse?,the cars only done 26k and im the second owner!,any one got any ideas?.
    the steering light could be the fluid is a bit low, it is under the headlight behind the bumper. the loss of power could be the air flow meter which goes between the airbox and inlet manifold, or a camshaft sensor? so it will be best to get it code read to see what exactly it is

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

HI nismo128,

I found your thread as my signum 1.9cdti (150) is knocking slightly from time to time and knocks 2 or 3 times when i turn the engine off! my car is off the road at mo due to a loss of power at first i thought it was the egr valve and after taking it to a garage to check it on the computer and they told me the egr valve was fine, the guy had a look under the engine cover to find a rod down by the glow plugs had come off, i looked on here to find what it was and found its to do with swirl valves, once the rod has come off and u see oil around the valves it needs a new inlet maniflod (common fault on the 1.9cdti (150) it looks!
    Iv bought a new inlet manifold and control module from vauxhall and plan on doing the job over christmas!
    have a look at the threads below to see if your caris suffering from the same thing!

Hope this helps!
    pug

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...ght=glow+plugs

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...ght=swirl+link

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...swirl+discount
    Last edited by pugs,signum; 22nd December 2008 at 21:25.

Thread Information