1) "Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologize for the delay to yourservice. I know you're all dying to get home, unless, of course, you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you'll want to cross over to the Westbound and go in the opposite direction."
2) "Your delay this evening is caused by the line controller suffering from E & B syndrome: not knowing his elbow from his backside. I'll let you know any further information as soon as I'm given any."
3) "Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news isthat last Friday was my birthday and I hit the town and had a greattime. The bad news is that there is a points failure somewhere between Stratford and East Ham, which means we probably won't reach ourdestination."
4) "Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay, but there is asecurity alert at Victoria station and we are therefore stuck here for the foreseeable future, so let's take our minds off it and pass some time together. All together now.... 'Ten green bottles, hanging on a wall.....'."
5) "We are now travelling through Baker Street ... As you can see,Baker Street is closed. It would have been nice if they had actually toldme, so I could tell you earlier, but no, they don't think about things like that".
6) "Beggars are operating on this train. Please do NOT encourage these professional beggars. If you have any spare change, please give it to a registered charity. Failing that, give it to me."
7) During an extremely hot rush hour on the Central Line, the driverannounced in a West Indian drawl: "Step right this way for the sauna,ladies and gentleman... unfortunately, towels are not provided."
8) "Let the passengers off the train FIRST!" (Pause .) "Oh go onthen, stuff yourselves in like sardines, see if I care - I'm going home...."
9) "Please allow the doors to close. Try not to confuse this with 'Please hold the doors open.' The two are distinct and separate instructions."
10) "Please note that the beeping noise coming from the doors meansthat the doors are about to close. It does not mean throw yourself or yourbags into the doors."
11) "We can't move off because some idiot has their hand stuck in the door."
12) "To the gentleman wearing the long grey coat trying to get on thesecond carriage - what part of 'stand clear of the doors' don't you understand?"
13) "Please move all baggage away from the doors." (Pause..) "Pleasemove ALL belongings away from the doors." (Pause...) "This is apersonal message to the man in the brown suit wearing glasses at the rear of the train: Put the pie down, Four-eyes, and move your ****** golf clubs away from the door before I come down there and shove them up your arse sideways!"
14) "May I remind all passengers that there is strictly no smokingallowed on any part of the Underground. However, if you are smoking ajoint, it's only fair that you pass it round the rest of the carriage."