Thread: dual mass flywheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default dual mass flywheel.

hey folks, im new here as i have just purchased a 05 sri cdti with 85 thou on the clock, problem is the car vibrates really bad at 1500revs as if its missing, but the peddle vibrates so im thinking its the DMF splitting or somthing, anyway if i keep driving it like this will it come apart totally and come though into the bell housing or will it damage somthing else if not fixed soon.
    All help is greatfull cheers in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by blacksricdti View Post
    hey folks, im new here as i have just purchased a 05 sri cdti with 85 thou on the clock, problem is the car vibrates really bad at 1500revs as if its missing, but the peddle vibrates so im thinking its the DMF splitting or somthing, anyway if i keep driving it like this will it come apart totally and come though into the bell housing or will it damage somthing else if not fixed soon.
    All help is greatfull cheers in advance.
    please anyhelp or knowledge please, also i have been quoted for both DMF and complete clutch with realease bearing £480 is this cheap or about right, fitting myself.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Difficult to say for sure obviously just from that description, but it sounds like it could be the DMF if it's vibrating at the same revs. Does it do that both with clutch in and out?

Price wise, sounds a very good price! Is that for Vx parts and the complete clutch kit? i.e. with the slave (I wasn't sure if that's what you meant by release bearing).

I've just bought a new DMF and clutch kit to get fitted to my 2.0T next week, and that was £735 all in and that was getting Trade Club prices! Just trying to see how the 1.9's parts could be so much less expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Difficult to say for sure obviously just from that description, but it sounds like it could be the DMF if it's vibrating at the same revs. Does it do that both with clutch in and out?

Price wise, sounds a very good price! Is that for Vx parts and the complete clutch kit? i.e. with the slave (I wasn't sure if that's what you meant by release bearing).

I've just bought a new DMF and clutch kit to get fitted to my 2.0T next week, and that was £735 all in and that was getting Trade Club prices! Just trying to see how the 1.9's parts could be so much less expensive.
    yeh sorry thats with the slave as well, these price's are from a company who supply fache stuff and im led to bealeave this is the same as vx, as for vibrating the hole car it does it with the clutch in or out, but if i get the peddle at biting point its making alot of noise and also feel the vibrating on the paddle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

these price's are from a company who supply fache stuff and im led to bealeave this is the same as vx,
    Fache? Couldn't suss that one out even when trying to think of all the possible typo's that could have been made. Is that a make?
    ....as for vibrating the hole car it does it with the clutch in or out, but if i get the peddle at biting point its making alot of noise and also feel the vibrating on the paddle.
    That is sounding suspiciously like a DMF on it's way out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fache? Couldn't suss that one out even when trying to think of all the possible typo's that could have been made. Is that a make?That is sounding suspiciously like a DMF on it's way out!
    Sorry bud spelt it wrong, here is the link to the item, they also quoted me for the clutch compete with slave thingy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ah, with you now - Sachs are well known. I was looking for the same for mine i.e. clutch and flywheel from OEM manufacturer and never had any joy. Interesting to see that you did for the 1.9.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hmm, just been onto the Sachs web catalogue and they list a clutch kit for the 2.0T but no DMF, but list both for the 1.9. Looks like they don't do the DMF yet for the 2.0T as an available part - dealer only I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hmm, just been onto the Sachs web catalogue and they list a clutch kit for the 2.0T but no DMF, but list both for the 1.9. Looks like they don't do the DMF yet for the 2.0T as an available part - dealer only I guess.
    shame as the stealers are well expensive, what a crap idea these flywheels are, i have the same on my other car that i have had to change, again that was £375 for my toyota supra uk spec twin turbo manual, i changed that myself also did the rear crank seal at the same time, im hoping to fit all the new parts myself to save money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

shame as the stealers are well expensive,
    Yep, over £700 and that was at Trade Club price - well TC price on the clutch kit and 10% off the flywheel as it's not a TC item. Bl**dy well should be the number of them that are being replaced by people/dealers!
    what a crap idea these flywheels are
    Yep, good idea in principle but crap in practice in terms of reliability.
    im hoping to fit all the new parts myself to save money.
    You'd certainly do that. I don't know how your Supra compared, but on the Vec you need to drop the sub-frame to get into the gearbox, and the gearbox needs dropped to get to the rear oil seal - all a bit of a number if you havent' got access to ramps. Doable without ramps but not a lot of fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information