0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Our Friends

I see our friends over in the Gaza strip are at it again. Hold out one hand demanding aid money and hold a gun to our head with the other. Then on the news saw a british lawyer saying how badly treated her terriorist client was being treated.

It never ceases to make my blood boil!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition I read a classic quote recently.

A journalist was interviewing a sniper from Delta Force operating in Afghanistan.

She asked him what he felt when he got a member of the Taliban in his sights and shot him.

He replied "Recoil"!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont know about all this though, strong believer in was goes around comes around and the west has shat on the middle east for the past 60 years. (I'm an white british male by the way)

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pte
    dont know about all this though, strong believer in was goes around comes around and the west has shat on the middle east for the past 60 years. (I'm an white british male by the way)
    What do you mean matey? Care to elaborate?

Just try to tell that to the friends and family of victims in Manhattan, Spain and here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Palestine and Israel has had wars long before the west even knew that they were there, the problem now is that the west is trying to help prevent wars and to negotiate a settled peace in that area and neither side wants to give ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys - stirred up an obvious hornets nest here (think before you type man!!)

just firstly - its was blo0dy appalling waht happened in New York, Madrid and London, simply awful and theres no excuse.

its just that the west has being fiddling in middle eastern affairs for donkeys.
    for example, Isreal. second World War ends, lots of jews, cant stay in Germany (obviously) so the west decides to give them back their ancient land from over 1000 years ago. Screw who lives there now!!

Afgahnistan, in the seventies. Russians invade, Yanks invade back (depsite UN instructions not to, as usual). Country is a mess. Yanks put in place a dictorial leadership who bans even music, people suffer, Yanks suddenly better things to do.

Osama Bin Laden, trained by CIA during Ruskie / Yank fight in someone elses country decides that he really doesnt like the west and goes way way way too far in making his point.

just to reiterate, two wrongs dont make a right and there must be a lot of people in the middle east who hate the west cos its fashionable, but we are not by any means "innocent" of the current climate. Like I say, its not the things in teh past 10-15years, it goes a lot further back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK guys - I don't see this thread going anywhere, other than a very, very heated debate, so either keep it civil or it gets closed.

D

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just firstly - its was blo0dy appalling waht happened in New York, Madrid and London, simply awful and theres no excuse.
    Agreed.

its just that the west has being fiddling in middle eastern affairs for donkeys.
    for example, Isreal. second World War ends, lots of jews, cant stay in Germany (obviously) so the west decides to give them back their ancient land from over 1000 years ago. Screw who lives there now!!
    I admit I'm a bit ignorant about USA giving back land to the jews, but I'm sure they have been trying for a very long time to sort things out. Even throwing funds at the situation.

Afgahnistan, in the seventies. Russians invade, Yanks invade back (depsite UN instructions not to, as usual). Country is a mess. Yanks put in place a dictorial leadership who bans even music, people suffer, Yanks suddenly better things to do.
    Wasn't this leadership an elected leadership (similar to the governors in Iraq)? I'm sorry but dictatorship is in their blood and they're controlled by words from a book. Which bans harming any other living thing incidentally.

Osama Bin Laden, trained by CIA during Ruskie / Yank fight in someone elses country decides that he really doesnt like the west and goes way way way too far in making his point.
    Osama bin Laden was trained by the Americans (CIA is just rumour control), to assist them. Who better but locals. He's since gone power mad agreed.

just to reiterate, two wrongs dont make a right and there must be a lot of people in the middle east who hate the west cos its fashionable
    Absolutely spot on. OK, so we politically pull out of the middle east and let them get on with it, then what?

I agree mistakes have been made on all sides, but aren't the 'West' (as you put it) trying to correct their mistakes.

There are countries of this world that threaten the stability of the globe as a whole, and in my opinion we as so called Civilised Nations have a right to protect ourselves again these mad men and their personal interpretation of a couple of religious books.

Just my opinions peeps and I'm not having a go at anyone or a personal dig at pte; just a healthy debate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have read all of these posts(briefly) its 2006 we live in a world where people refuse to respect each other, world leaders lie to us, and do gooders tell us we`re wrong to think the way we do without finding out or asking what we think. in any war people die and that just proves in 7 millenium we have learnt nothing about understanding each other or the value of ourselves as an intelligent race.
    a common goal and belief, a desire to help each other, maybe the world could laern something off this site, lets get back to what we are about the cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJA
    Just my opinions peeps and I'm not having a go at anyone or a personal dig at pte; just a healthy debate.
    Nothing wrong with that, but 'deep and heavy' politics are maybe best left off a car forum. They're always going to be a tinderbox subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy
    lets get back to what we are about the cars
    I'll second that Leroy!!

D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information