Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Rapist!

Has anyone just been listening to Jeremy Vine?

That bl00dy woman!

For those who didn't hear her...this is the jist....

"All men are Rapists!"

If you don't ask a women if she consents (i mean literally because obviously both parties MUST consent), then your a rapist!

However, if a women leads a man to bed, and he doesn't say "yes", is she raping him?

All this is acheiving is discouraging women to watch how much they drink isn't it?

What does everyone else think?

p.s. I DO NOT condone non-consentual s3x!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dodgy subject but oh well...

I dont know her reasoning for the statement so cant really give a full answer?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've just read my thread back, i sound a bit wrong i know, but i'm totally against rape - trust me!

She was the government minister who has just tightened the law, which now says that verbal consent must be given before you sleep with a women...

We've all been there though, when both parties get carried away, and one thing leads to another, and you end up sleeping together...but the next day, the women can say that you raped her, because you didn't ask her and she didn't say yes, although both parties were consenting at the time.....thats my problem with this.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So if I'm right, she's saying that you need to get a 'confirmed YES' from a third party before committing the act. That's fair enough and firmly agree. But when I was single it was obvious to me that I'd been given the go ahead (as it were).

However things are different nowadays, and I do understand that date rape exists. All I can say is that thank god I'm married.

Although it is pretty similar once you're married with kiddies - you still have to book it in advance.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Your right, you knew when you could (it was that rare it was obvious!), but that woman is saying that it was rape???

Maybe she means a confirmed YES, or maybe she means that you need written parental consent...bang goes spontaneity!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i think it was Bam Bam on kiss 100 who had a really good theory:

if you think she's too drunk tell her that you don't mind going back to hers but if clothes do end up getting shed then she's gotta go on top!! that's consent...isn't it?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What next written consent.

I always keep a notepad and pen by the bed just in case.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They had that daft women on BBC Breakfast this morning. The interviewer kept asking how consent could be proved and the minister kept dodging the question. The jist was that to prove consent, by these new rules you'd need to have a written document (one for each "act") signed by both parties and witnessed by someone of good standing.

Also the argument was that the woman is always a victim and it's always the mans responsibility to prove consent. Clearly she'd never heard of male rape then?

Further proof that the world has gone barking mad.

Can't see any judges taking this nonsense seriously though. I think this is a case of the government wanting to be seen to do something about rape and other sexual assaults without actually doing anything meaningful. Shame on them.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As above, world gone mad. How the hell do you get proven consent, other than going down the road of signed documents etc. All it's going to do is dramatically increase the cases of false accusations of rape with the guy being even more 'guilty before innocent' if he hasn't got any sort of 'proof of consent' - which he's unlikely to have in a realistic world!!

What makes my blood boil is that a woman can accuse a man of rape, she has her name hidden and protected from the press, yet the guy's isn't and he's in the papers with the rape accusation. Even if he's proven innocent at the trial, mud sticks and he'll always be tarred with that brush.

My wife was on jury duty last year at a Crown Court, and of all the cases that she hoped she wouldn't get, she got the very one that she least wanted to have - a rape case.

Fortunately it wasn't a grizzly one, in fact it was the opposite. It became apparent very quickly to her, and the other jurors, that she had made the whole thing up. She had consented to sleeping with this guy, next morning realised that her boyfriend might find out and didn't want to face that, so what did she do? Yep, accused the guy of rape and over a six month period he got charged etc. and dragged through the courts, named in public etc and ultimately proven innocent pretty quickly by the jury. What if he had lost his job, home etc. all because of that false accusation. Would he get compensation? Bet you he wouldn't!! The CPS are hugely to blame in cases like that. If 12 people can very quickly see that she is lying, why the hell are the CPS even bringing cases like that to the courts!?

I think the judge gave her some stern words, can't recall if she got charged with anything - contempt of court, wasting police time etc. - but that should be stamped down on much harder. If it's obvious that someone has brought a false and malicious accustion to trial and subsequently shown to be such, they should be getting handed out sentences/fines themselves.

Rant over.

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Agree with that.

How to destroy a man - accuse him of rape. As Duncan says, he gets named and shamed, she is anonymous. This is not only dangerous, but immoral. Surely, he could then sue her for damages, libel, slander, loss of earnings etc etc.

STINKS

Just to add, if he is guilty then he shoulg serve the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information