Thread: Dipped beam bulbs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Dipped beam bulbs?

I know there are loads of threads on the subject of the poor dipped beam on pre-face cars. Bit confused though, must be an age thing !

I don't want to replace them with anything expensive or electrically risky. I'd just like to know if there is a good bulb which will give better vision without using a non-standard wattage ? I have read Duncan's tip on re-setting the beam and may well do that too. Pity Vauxhall didn't bother to put a decent headlamp unit in the thing in the first place mind....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The facelift has poor dipped beam aswel but I think the bulbs to use are the Osram Nightbreaker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks Andy. Thought that was the things from trying to unscramble other threads. Where do you get those then, and are they expensive ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It was Shan that got a full set of dipped and full beam and he got them off ebay as they were the cheapest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I replaced dipped and headlight bulbs with the Osram Nightbreakers a couple of weeks ago.

Pretty easy to do and there does seem to be an improvement all round, although I would say that the main beam improvement is a lot more noticeable than the dipped beam improvement.

Bought them off ebay, if I remember right they were about £30 for the 2 sets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I normally recommend Philips Vision Plus
    Shortly after obtaining my car I had all four headlamp bulbs replaced, but was unable to see any difference
    I've carrying the original bulbs around as spares, and have now used them all up, again unabel to see any difference between the Philips Vision Plus and the OE bulbs which have all been refitted now

I also noticed that it was cheaper to purchase a full replacement Vectra C bulb kit at £8.49 from Halfords, rather than just ONE bulb at £11.49
    I now carry this in the car just in case any other bulb blows, I just can't stand driving around like a one-eyed monster!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've literally just fitted a set of Osram's in my dipped headlights. I haven't heard of anything risky about fitting them as they are the same wattage etc.
    They do seem a bit brighter but I think I was expecting miracles with them, which didn't happen!
    They cost roughly £15 a pair off e-bay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dave45040 View Post
    I replaced dipped and headlight bulbs with the Osram Nightbreakers a couple of weeks ago.

Pretty easy to do and there does seem to be an improvement all round, although I would say that the main beam improvement is a lot more noticeable than the dipped beam improvement.
    I would say that was a fair assessment, I found that too, in fact the mainbeam lights are really good on mine, but would have liked to have seen a bit more improvment to the dipped.

Do you think the not brilliant perfomance of the dipped lights may have something to do with the fact they are projector lamps, ie. the ones with the thick ball of glass in front of the bulb, especially as the mainbeams are the normal type reflector lamps which on mine are good, especially with the uprated bulbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Humph Backbridge View Post
    I know there are loads of threads on the subject of the poor dipped beam on pre-face cars. Bit confused though, must be an age thing !

I don't want to replace them with anything expensive or electrically risky. I'd just like to know if there is a good bulb which will give better vision without using a non-standard wattage ? I have read Duncan's tip on re-setting the beam and may well do that too. Pity Vauxhall didn't bother to put a decent headlamp unit in the thing in the first place mind....

I used these off Ebay, and VERY good, and as they cocked up the order, they sent them out 3.....YES THREE times, I emailed them, and they said keep them cos it would be too expensive to send them back

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-SIGNU...713.m153.l1262

they were VERY fast to post them too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post
    Do you think the not brilliant perfomance of the dipped lights may have something to do with the fact they are projector lamps, ie. the ones with the thick ball of glass in front of the bulb, especially as the mainbeams are the normal type reflector lamps which on mine are good, especially with the uprated bulbs.
    Yes, I would have to agree - if the lens was clear I am sure you would have much better lighting - has anyone on here tried to do something to change this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information