User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diagnostix CR2 - Too Much Power!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Diagnostix CR2 - Too Much Power!!!

I can't believe I am having to write this thread..

I've umm'd and ahh'd, and in the end spent a bit more and got a diagnostix CR2 box.. It's for a Zaf CDTI 150 Sri

My main reason was the missus, she always had a slightly over-eager right foot in my 16V Astra GTE, and used to keep wheel spinning it away from round-abouts and she admitted she always felt a bit 'wary' about driving it.. so when people mentioned the CR1 gave you a big kick low down, I thought that the CR2 with a more progressive profile should suit better..

So I fitted the CR2, and within 10 mins had tried all the settings upto max, and found it very much better.. a beautifully smooth but rapid delivery of power.. even on max there was no extra smoke, no rough idling, no ECU limp-home mode.. so I sent to back to Diagnostix to give me a little more gain to see if I could get a little more power, or at least until it showed some signs of being too much!!..

After a few teething issues, i.e. user error, I had it back on and running.. I found that on one setting, there was a big step in power.. just what I was looking for...

The problem is, with 'more' power there is now much more of an initial 'kick' when the Turbo comes on boost... and the missus is complaining that when she's driving it, she's finding it harder to driver smoothly.. and with another sprog about to drop, I for once can see her criticism..

So I had a choice of turning it up/down depending on who's driving, turning it down to a compromise level of power, or just tell her to learn to drive smoother, it was easier with the old GTE, that was my car, she had no choice, but this is the family car... and with two kids, I am torn between whats best for the family and whats best for me..

I've now found the perfect solution, but at a big cost.. the VXR re-map.. it uses the 'sport' button to swith between 160 and approx 200 BHP.... I've booked it in, but will be reeling from the cost, and it does sound like it won't quite have the low down torque that CR1/2 give you..

PS... If anyone is interested in a CR2 'cheap', with receipt, and I assume therefore Warranty, drop me an e-mail/PM.. (I can get Diagnostix to put the standard map back in..)

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by phil-t
    .. the VXR re-map.. it uses the 'sport' button to swith between 160 and approx 200 BHP.... I've booked it in, but will be reeling from the cost, and it does sound like it won't quite have the low down torque that CR1/2 give you..
    Let us kow how you get on with the new remap as I am interested in this also.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Will do,

I'll be happy if it's like the CR2 with the sport button pressed and reasonably standard without it pressed.. which is what they are claiming..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by phil-t
    The problem is, with 'more' power there is now much more of an initial 'kick' when the Turbo comes on boost... and the missus is complaining that when she's driving it, she's finding it harder to driver smoothly.. and with another sprog about to drop, I for once can see her criticism

don't want to sound harsh here but to me it apears that your missus does not know how to drive the car properly.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What can I say, she's a woman.. Although I can see where she is coming from (for once)..

Because we share the cars, it's only when you first get in it after not driving it for a few days, the sudden surge when on-boost, for me is entertaining, for her it's annoying, as she mainly drives around town....

The Astra was a tuned 16V GTE, and would wheelspin in third, the problem with that was if you didn't drive it all the time, it was hard to drive smoothly, it had a slightly digital throttle..

I am training her slowly , she's got the hand gestures off to a tee.. just need to improve her undertaking skills next

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

buy her a chiky chento thing and be done with her

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

Mines in the VXR centre now, had a small snag with it so I've had to leave it with them and borrow their SRI.

Must say, I'm dissapointed with the options, I've got more on my lower cost model. Infact the only thing that I don't have is some of the shinny trim, cup holders and the centre arm rest in front. Other than that mine has far more than the standard SRI and a better centre dash display.

Anyway, back to my car, Vx produced a really wacky car when they made mine, even thinks that it is two diffrent cars?! Cut a long story short, it won't move now, it imobolized itself and just refuses to start.

So they VXR guys appologized and said I could borrow theirs until they sort it out. Fair enough I though, can't really complain about that can you!? Still not keen on the new 55 reg face though, I prefer my battle tank.

If your reading this guys, I'm taking good care of her. She's done an average of just over 50mpg so far. Bit lacking in power compared with my CR2 power house though.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spoons
    Let us kow how you get on with the new remap as I am interested in this also. vxr remapp
    This sounds very simular to what 888 have done to the new astra 1.9 and aparrently it goes like stink.........good luck.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have been in the 888 Astra CDTi 5dr, all I can say is..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information