User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: TC fuse location?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default TC fuse location?

    My 2.0dti has tc & no switch, which was all fine until we hit the snow this morning...
    I have never had a problem driving through the snow, until today...

    The TC would not let the car do any thing, very embarrasing too...

    Can some one tell me the location of the fuse for next time i'm stuck in an inch of ****** snow...

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Regular Member Sean-2.2Direct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Its a pain in the ass i got stuck in the mud out side mine i just had to keep putting it in 1st then reverse to get it rocking finnaly got out after destroying the grass

  3. #3
    Regular Member gtr1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Carmarthen
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Sri

    Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Fuse box under bonnet, between battery and n/s wing. fuse #7 (20amp,yellow) - according to owners manual "Central control unit, ESP,TC".

    Hope this helps.

    EDIT - manual also mentions fuse #13 (also under bonnet, 20amp, yellow) - "Central control unit, ESP,TC".

    Now I'm confused......

  4. #4
    Regular Member john_k_sri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Waterloo, Liverpool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRI NAV XP

    Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

    Year : 2007

    Mileage : 72K

    Default

    Will taking the fuse out not disable your ABS or ESP if you have it, as TC is linked to ABS is it not?

  5. #5
    Regular Member gtr1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Carmarthen
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Sri

    Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    Will taking the fuse out not disable your ABS or ESP if you have it, as TC is linked to ABS is it not?
    ABS fuses, according to the manual, are again under the bonnet and are refered to as #16 (7.5A) and #29 (40A).

    Guess dh.dti only wants to get the car going and out of the **** and then refit fuse once clear

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-2.2Direct View Post
    Its a pain in the ass i got stuck in the mud out side mine i just had to keep putting it in 1st then reverse to get it rocking finnaly got out after destroying the grass
    lol...

    Quote Originally Posted by gtr1000 View Post
    Fuse box under bonnet, between battery and n/s wing. fuse #7 (20amp,yellow) - according to owners manual "Central control unit, ESP,TC".
    Hope this helps.
    EDIT - manual also mentions fuse #13 (also under bonnet, 20amp, yellow) - "Central control unit, ESP,TC".
    Now I'm confused......
    Thanks, i will look at both & see...

    Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    Will taking the fuse out not disable your ABS or ESP if you have it, as TC is linked to ABS is it not?
    Yes it probably will, but I'm not looking to drive around all day with it disabled, just to get me out of the snow onto the main road...

  7. #7
    [Ex]Admin Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    It will be in the fuse box in the engine bay.

    As John said it will also disable the ABS - although not really an issue if all you want to do is get out of the snow. On the 2.0T removing the fuse kills the engine - it simply won't start or will die if it's running - so I don't know what effect it will have on the 2.0DTi. I know on other engines you can pull it with no problem, just not sure about the DTi.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    It will be in the fuse box in the engine bay.

    As John said it will also disable the ABS - although not really an issue if all you want to do is get out of the snow. On the 2.0T removing the fuse kills the engine - it simply won't start or will die if it's running - so I don't know what effect it will have on the 2.0DTi. I know on other engines you can pull it with no problem, just not sure about the DTi.
    Will give it a go & take it from there, cheers!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. boot fuse location and number ( if possible)
    By valhalla in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th December 2012, 14:27
  2. N/s low beam fuse location
    By SteveH in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th December 2012, 15:23
  3. Fuse box location on vectra b.help please.
    By felixx in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31st October 2010, 21:17
  4. fuse location
    By geebee007 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th August 2009, 16:57
  5. Steering wheel fuse location
    By Stuarty in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th May 2009, 21:12

Visitors found this page by searching for:

abs fuse on 2005 vectra 2.2 direct

esp fuse vectra c

vectra c 2.0 dti fuse diagram

https:www.vectra-c.comforumshowthread.php63578-TC-fuse-location

vauxhall astra 2.0 dti abs fuse

location fusehed opel vectra c 2.0 dti

vectra c TC fuse diagram

opel zaffirra 2.2 esp system

vectra c tc and abs fuse

vectra c abs fuse location

vectra c cdti the traction control fuse

opel vectra c esp fuse

thermostat fuse location vectra c

zafira dti tc

vectra c traction control fuse

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •