Over the last week i've noticed the gear box seemed to be a little bit notchy (it's the best way i can think to describe it) when selecting 1st or 2nd gear first thing in the morning and just put it down to the change in climate.
When i finished my night shift this morning i started the car up and went to drive off then i noticed a rattle coming from the left hand side of the engine bay when the clutch pedal is pressed half way to the floor.
Anyway my car was booked in at my local dealers for this morning to have the handbrake recall done and was told it's a 15 minute job i then explained the noise when the clutch is pressed and the bother with the lumpy gear box.They said they'd have a look anyway, I've just phoned the garage to see if the cars ready and was told "they're still working on it."
Has anyone got any ideas what it could be the cars a 55 plate facelift sri cdti (150) with 41000 miles on the clock. Surely if it's the clutch i'd be covered with the 3 years manufacturers warranty as the car isn't 3 until January '09.
I'm waiting on the garage phoneing me when the cars ready i'll let you's know how i get on.