User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Blimey..I can hear my engine now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up Blimey..I can hear my engine now!

Blimey...I can hear the engine now! well i finally got round to changing my NCT 5's today and i've replaced them with Falken ZE912's and boy what a difference, i can finally hear the hum of the engine instead of the road noise when on the move and the grip is worlds better than the Good Year's and its totally changed the handling i now have confidence in throwing the Veccie into the bends and the feedback through the wheel is better.
    So for £70ea all in i couldn't be happier, and i can strongly recommend the ZE912's to any body looking to change their tyres.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

happy days will keep that in mind thanx m8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Almost anything are quieter than NCT5s! I've still to replace the rears and the difference from the fronts is huge - I look forward to the day the rears go too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I tried to get ZE912's fitted to mine, the garage ordered them in (215/50's) but when they went to fit them I was told I could not have them as they were a 'V' speed rating not 'W', and this could potentially invalidate my insurance, especially in an accident. I ended up having the Nexens fitted instead as Falken do not do a 'W' rated 215/50

Sorry if this is bad news and not sure if it is correct, just wanted to mention it just incase you wanted to check

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFox View Post
    I tried to get ZE912's fitted to mine, the garage ordered them in (215/50's) but when they went to fit them I was told I could not have them as they were a 'V' speed rating not 'W', and this could potentially invalidate my insurance, especially in an accident. I ended up having the Nexens fitted instead as Falken do not do a 'W' rated 215/50

Sorry if this is bad news and not sure if it is correct, just wanted to mention it just incase you wanted to check
    Sounds a bit odd m8 the NCT's that came off mine were V rated, and a V rating allows upto about 139mph and W allows upto 168mph both within the speed capabilitys of the Vectra. Did the Nexens cost more than the falken? and as long as the tyre is an approved fitment for your vehicle i couldn't see it invalidating the insurance but i'm sure there is someone on here who may know a little bit more about it than me, but an interesting thing to bring up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Does sound strange, but just noticed you have the same alloys as me. I had 'W' rated NCT 5's on the car before and they would not swap them for the 'V' rated Falkens.
    They checked on their computer database which told them the vec should have 'W' rated fitted as this is what it left the factory with????

The Nexens were cheaper and were my second choice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFox View Post

You're right, just checked the Falken website/s. But you could have had the 225/45/17 in a 94W .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bennettboy View Post
    Blimey...I can hear the engine now! well i finally got round to changing my NCT 5's today and i've replaced them with Falken ZE912's and boy what a difference, i can finally hear the hum of the engine instead of the road noise when on the move and the grip is worlds better than the Good Year's and its totally changed the handling i now have confidence in throwing the Veccie into the bends and the feedback through the wheel is better.
    So for £70ea all in i couldn't be happier, and i can strongly recommend the ZE912's to any body looking to change their tyres.

had em put on mine about a month ago.. they're ace

Thread Information