Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

Angry sky rant....

having sky+ and multi room installed today as per arranged with sky a while ago, got a text from them on sat saying that i shall receive a call from the engineer before 9am to give an e.t.a.
    no call as of yet so called them up, nothing on the system saying i am having it installed , try this number.....went through the call pressing number's as you do and then got told ''sorry we are having a high demand of call's at the moment'' then cut off.............. fuming aint the word....
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sky at its best again i see, i had the same thing ages ago and once they finally did get round to fitting it couldn't get a picture for love nor money, 3rd sky engineer turns up and says "should never of put a dish up mate you'll never get a picture with that tree there" the tree's been there over 50+ years so aint gonna be moving that.

So Virgin media here we come, and to date never had a problem and the V+ is cracking.

I'd keep on at them and then get some sort of compo for the inconvenience.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

have had sky TV installed for over 5 years now (broadband-phone-line rental more recently) and just upgrading to + and multi room, although if they do fooook me around virgin might well be considered.......
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ditchp View Post
    having sky+ and multi room installed today as per arranged with sky a while ago, got a text from them on sat saying that i shall receive a call from the engineer before 9am to give an e.t.a.
    no call as of yet so called them up, nothing on the system saying i am having it installed , try this number.....went through the call pressing number's as you do and then got told ''sorry we are having a high demand of call's at the moment'' then cut off.............. fuming aint the word....
    Had exactly the same thing last week to the letter.

Then when the guy did turn up, he sat there annoying the missus for 10 mins watching the music channels, then when out and snapped the old dish in 2 because he couldn't undo all the bolts and then dropped the dish in the middle of the drive(and left it there) for good measure. Then proceeded to throw what bolts he could get undone onto the floor for me to then come home and drive straight over them.

Best of it was he then ******ed off and didn't even ask for a signature.

Luckily missus had to take son & heir down town and saw the dish and bolts so moved them to save me ripping the underside off the mota and a couple of new tyres.

Complained to SKy

Person 1 - We don't have a complaint dept who you can speak to. (Then had phone put down on us. Way to go for customers relations Sky.)

Ring back to get some more info

Person 2 - hang i'll put you through to complaints.(yep the same dept that doesn't exist to Person 1)

Person 3 in complaints takes all details and then says we'll ring you back in 48 hrs.

over 48 hours later

Person 4 - We don't do ring backs over complaints you'll have to go online and fill out a dispute form

And to top it all just had an email off them asking how they thought the install went and can you comment on the good service rec'd from our engineer. Boy is it going to be fun filling this out!!!

EQ.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We had Sky+ fitted about 12 months ago now and the engineer was great,tidied up after himself and even gave me his mobile number if i had any problems,as they get commision on satisfied customers and no complaints logged,never had a problem with the ppl on the phone either,sorry to hear about your experience rich,i'd feel the same way if i were in your shoes,give them hell.......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say how well my sky install went last week .

Signed up online (via quidco so £50 coming back to me!) requested something like Friday 24th Oct for install, received an email almost straight away to say fully booked on my requested day, they'll do Saturday 15th November instead.

Get a phone call Friday 14th from the engineer who says he'll be there between 10 and 12.

On Saturday he arrived about 11.20, and was gone just after 12pm. Install comlpeted really quickly, minimum fuss.

Only thing that annoyed me - he didn't hoover up the dust from drilling the wall.

A week later I get a call offering half-price sky movies for 3-months!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by LJ sxi-nav View Post
    A week later I get a call offering half-price sky movies for 3-months!
    I had the same,first time i've got an offer like this and took it,runs out at the end of the month though......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sky are the second worst firm we deal with.

The three month movies thing was on last year but for a pound a month. Tried to cancel it the week before it went to full price.

They told me the system was down so they couldn't cancel it. This went on for two days. The next time I phoned it was the same story so I went with the fully understand routine then just before the conversation ended I asked him if he could check that My SKY Sports Subscription was up to date. He then reeled off the full details of the account. He then put the phone down. Took another week to finally cancel it and I had to threaten to leave to get them to do it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by LJ sxi-nav View Post
    I'm gonna go against the grain here and say how well my sky install went last week .
    Me too, although were you a new Sky customer? If so then I've noticed a definite pattern.

We took advantage of the free Sky+ box offer where if a friend/family who was an existing Sky customer referred you they also got a free Sky+ box. From ringing up to start the process we had it all installed within the week! Our neighbour (the referrer) had to wait a lot longer than we did to get their Sky+ box installed, even allowing for the fact that Sky would've waited until our cooling-off/cancellation period had passed before giving the neighbour their free box.

It does seem a case of what I've seen/heard that new customers they fall over to get onboard but existing customers are kinda treated as less important! Not very clever.

I guess I'll soon find out if it's true for sure when/if I ever need to upgrade etc. in the future.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ditchp View Post
    Come to the virgin media Side we offer loads of good stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information