Thread: I'm a Wuss..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking I'm a Wuss..

Bought a new auxillary drive belt mid week with the intention of changing it today as i'm getting the dreaded early morning squeel caused by glazing on current belt,now i must be going soft in me old age...now bearing in mind i do my repairs outside in the weather..jacked the car up took wheel off..started to undo wheel arch liner lying on concrete floor..and it suddenly dawned on me...what the foook..its to cold to be lying under a car..so promply put me tools away,went back inside and cracked a bottle of Blossom Hill..only trouble is i feel guilty as hell and could be charged with willfull neglect to a Vauxhall Vectra,punishable to ???What i ask ya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

dont blame you...blossom hill white zinfidel is lovely

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by big rich astra View Post
    Truly awsome wine my friend but i prefer the Ruby Cabernet,heaven in a glass,of which i'm enjoying one right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by macdad View Post
    Truly awsome wine my friend but i prefer the Ruby Cabernet,heaven in a glass,of which i'm enjoying one right now.
    lucky man.....ive got to drop the misses up town with her friends....got a bottle in the fridge i might crack open when i get back tho

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by big rich astra View Post
    Just sipping a glass of the exact same now! lol

I know what you mean macdad as I also found myself under a car today - not a Vectra, or even a Signum, but my neighbour's Mk 1 Golf!

Noticed he had the car jacked up so asked what he was doing and it was the starter motor being a bit iffy. He'd removed it, cleaned the contacts etc. and was now having a problem getting it back in. "Let me know if you need a hand" I said, to which he replied "As it happens..." So one quick change of clothes later I was under his wife's Golf helping get the bolts back on which with two people was sorted very quickly. It was chuffing cold though and I'm sooo glad it didn't take too long or I'd have been suffering a bit given that I'd twinged a muscle in my lower left back when I fell out of the loft earlier in the week!!! - long story. I thought I'd broken my elbow at first but hadn't - just very sore and lots of different shades of blue, green and yellow!

Anyways, definitely not the day to be doing that sort of work today so we'll let you off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Draw a pic of the route it takes, it can be hell if you forget and it runs back across itself iirc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There should be a universal place in each town about the size of an aircraft hanger, where we can go to jack up the motors and fiddle with like minded folk!!...(phnarrr!)

Picture the scene......row upon row of VX's with a pair of legs sticking out from each of them.....and occasionally.... a gathering where someones big brake conversion is complete and a huge cheer is heard when the irmy door pins are fitted!!

Men, women and children loving there siggy's/veccy's like they should be loved...as one...together...

There could even be a jingle...

'...there's millions of veccys all under one roof....it's called vecs-r-us vecs-r-us vecs-r-us! (sung to the sound of the toys-r-us advert...)

sorry...too much vino....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by s1nglef1sh View Post
    There should be a universal place in each town about the size of an aircraft hanger, where we can go to jack up the motors and fiddle with like minded folk!!...(phnarrr!)

i have the perfect place as we own an old aircraft hanger from ww2 can get 6 45ft motors in if push comes to shove so i would recon a fair few veccys could be lined up even have an indoor inspection pit to get fiddly bits done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by s1nglef1sh View Post

Picture the scene......row upon row of VX's with a pair of legs sticking out from each of them.....and occasionally.... a gathering where someones big brake conversion is complete and a huge cheer is heard when the irmy door pins are fitted!!

Men, women and children loving there siggy's/veccy's like they should be loved...as one...together...

There could even be a jingle...

'...there's millions of veccys all under one roof....it's called vecs-r-us vecs-r-us vecs-r-us! (sung to the sound of the toys-r-us advert...)

sorry...too much vino....
    I love it

Thread Information