On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default "Winter Wonderland"

Has any one been to this at the NEC, I noticed it on my way to Walsall today; on a huge poster...

It looks very cool indeed ,as I know that the children would really like this and that would include me also....

I love that type of theme and the magic of Christmas; they stated real snow, real reindeer and real fun...

That has total sold it to me and I have to say that I am really looking forward to Christmas, to celebrate the good news that I received today...

Anyone have any ideas on cost, as the poster stated £12 upwards and under 2 go for free on special days...

Is there a lot to see, as my friends children range from 2 upwards and stop at 15... I have one of my friends coming over from the USA with her son, so thinking of some ideas...

Any feedback would be good and does the show last the whole day?

Many thanks
    Last edited by NellyD; 21st November 2008 at 17:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hmmm, Shaz would like this too, another Crimbo freak!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My 5yr old lad is going next friday with his school. But he is going to this one at the snowdome in tamworth. I think its the same thing thats at the nec.
    http://www.snowdome.co.uk/santas-winter-wonderland/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

tamworth snowdome is awsome...we all went last year and it is a great time indeed, real snow, sledges santa........cracking indeed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation

I'm not sure if it's the same now but I went to the NEC a few years ago and it was rubbish. Loads of people complained and asked for refunds it was so bad. The advertising re winter wonderland was downright misleading.

Last time the snow was in a small area that was basically a slide that you could go down on rings.

You were walked through various rooms decorated in different styles, but it was rushed and badly scripted.

The main village area was done very well, but there was no time to spend there, they shepherded everyone around.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it, there are loads better things locally, such as:-

Severn Valley Railway, Black Country Museum, Lichfield Cathedral, Weston Park, Aston Hall These have done various events that were excellent and really festive.

I heard the Snowdome is great as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If christmas has been reduced to 'fun-filled-family-extravaganza' in some snow-filled exhibition hall then god help us. Lining the pockets of some money-grabbin commercial whizz kid who dreampt up thiss s***e doesnt make christmas any better for anyone but him that collects the profit.

You pays ur money and you has ur fun.. tho considerin the reality never lives upto the advertisin hype, you will undoubtably be left feelin like you've been done.

The old adage that you cant buy happiness is never truer than at christmas..

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTi View Post
    Hmmm, Shaz would like this too, another Crimbo freak!
    Hah hah, Shaz sounds like me; I love the christmas crimbo, the bright lights, the food, the get togethers, drinks and the christmas films; what more could you ask for...

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ditchp View Post
    tamworth snowdome is awsome...we all went last year and it is a great time indeed, real snow, sledges santa........cracking indeed
    Thank for that Rich, so it is worth the money then, it states at the NEC, but they mention snowdome...

Snowdome is a cool place, went snowboarding a while back and looking to take it back up...

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the same now but I went to the NEC a few years ago and it was rubbish. Loads of people complained and asked for refunds it was so bad. The advertising re winter wonderland was downright misleading.

Last time the snow was in a small area that was basically a slide that you could go down on rings.

You were walked through various rooms decorated in different styles, but it was rushed and badly scripted.

The main village area was done very well, but there was no time to spend there, they shepherded everyone around.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it, there are loads better things locally, such as:-

Severn Valley Railway, Black Country Museum, Lichfield Cathedral, Weston Park, Aston Hall These have done various events that were excellent and really festive.

I heard the Snowdome is great as well.
    Thanks for the information, hopefully they will have dealt with the issues for this year, fingers crossed...

The Black Country Museum was very cool indeed, throughly enjoyed the day and Lichfield Cathedral was fab at Christmas time, went there a while back...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ditchp View Post
    Went toboggining this year, great fun. Until I ran over a 7 year olds hair. She was fine, no lose of hair. Don't think she knew. Couple of inch's the other way and I think she would of known something about it. Made me feel sick thinking about it.

Think the cost was £8 for half an hour. Great fun for the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information