Thread: Juddering Clutch Saga.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Juddering Clutch Saga.....

My '06 1.8 VVTi Sri went into the stealers on Wednesday to have the juddering clutch problem looked at.

"Yes" says the Technician I am able to replicate the juddering clutch.

We will speak to Vauxhall to see if they will cover it on a warranty claim.

Vauxhall are spoken to and say.......

NO...!

Apparently my car has done too many miles (46K) for them to consider replacing the clutch under warranty, and they tell me they will only replace it if the car has under 18K miles.

I have to say I'm a little annoyed as this is a known problem with this engine/gearbox combo. The problem is so obvioulsy not a worn clutch, I have never known a worn clutch to judder. Slipping, yes, but juddering, Never.

I am now being told that I will have to authorise the dealer to strip down the clutch etc and if the problem is something other than a worn clutch then they 'may' reconsider. Note the 'may' bit

I know its a small thing but why should I have the inconvenience of my car being off the road for more days when Vauxhall are aware of this problem and are in effect refusing to do anything about it.

I phoned the customer relation team and spoke with a guy who was serioulsy annoying. After you finished speaking with him there would be a silence on the phone for 10-15 seconds before he would speak again. very strange!
    You sit there on the phone in silence for that amount of time, it;s a long time!! Basically got no where with him!

I have now sent Vauxhall an email, mentioning Vectra-c.com and expressing my major displeasure...

We will see what happens!

I would love to hear anyone elses experience, particuarly if this sounds familiar to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What is it with Vx and their clutches, Vectra (particularly the 1.8) astra and corsa, appears there are quite a lot of complaints regarding clutch judder on all these when you read some of the owners reviews on various websites, in actual fact I was given a '56 plate Corsa as a coutesy car on two occasions recently and they had the worst case of clutch judder I think I've ever experienced, you could see the bonnet shaking on take up of drive, their cars are getting worse instead of better I'm beginning to think, have to say once my Vectra is worn out (which probably won't be too long!! although it's only done 33,000 mls) I shall be going JAP I think , something like a honda maybe, anyway hope you get yours sorted mate.
    Cheers Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : sri

Engine : 1800 vvt

Year : 2007

Thumbs up clutch judder

hi had my 2007 sri vvt for a month now superb car but have noticed a slight judder so calling at main stealers next week i will keep you all informed.. they best get ready as i have just finished working in a main stealers service dept after 15 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Go back to Vx and ask for a "contribution" if they won't pay the full cost. Mention that you're now considering NOT buying an Insignia in January, due to the poor customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was told that my stealer couldnt find anything wrong with my clutch, and that clutches are not covered under waranty after a year?????????!
    mine is an 06 1.8 as well.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine is an 04 1.8 and they replaced the clutch and flywheel on mine at 40,000 miles and three years old. Can't see how they can justify not replacing the clutch on these later cars. I wonder sometimes if it is the dealer thats mostly to blame for not pushing the case - the service manager at my dealer seemed to be much more willing to get the problem sorted. I would search for all the 'strings' on clutch judder, print them out and take then in to the service manager. Its worth a try
    Good luck Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas1 View Post
    Mention that you're now considering NOT buying an Insignia in January, due to the poor customer service.
    I have mentioned that in my email, also the fact that numerous family/friends have bought Vx's on my recommendation.
    If they value loyal customers then i'll be ok, if not i'll be buying my next car from another manufacturer... my mate has a Honda, he reckons the cars and stealers are superb!
    I like Vx's but why the quibble over a few quid (to them) on a known problem is beyond me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well after several emails between me and Vx customer sevices I have basically been told to go away.
    They wont sort the problem and tell me that their technical Dept. consider the flywheel to be a 'wear & tear' item.

With that sort of customer service, or distinct lack of it, thats the last Vauxhall I will buy.

Basically I am just a single car owner and when they have the sort of fleet sale numbers they have why do they need to keep me sweet?!

So my next car will not be wearing a Griffin badge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default got mine done

i took mine to stearles about a year ago and thet said that they knew nothing about it, so decided to take to another vauxhall dealer the next day and they new about the problem and they had to do the fix..mine had more than 18,000 miles on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I have just sent an email to the Auto Express magazine Troubleshooter section.... Lets see what happens! Fingers crossed they will like to have a go at Vx for me!!.

Thread Information