Thread: Ebay advice please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ebay advice please

Hi all, i bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=014 on ebay last night. got an email this afternoon saying that there was a mistake and that the phone wasn`t unlocked as stated in the description but infact locked to orange. the seller said i can have my money back or a £20 refund if i still want it. so i emailed him back saying i might still take it if its unlockable but if it not i`ll be looking a full refund. this was at 3pm...still no reply from him. just checked paypal and he is UNVERIFIED too. any ideas as to what i should do?

thanks

P.s does anyone know if it can actually be unlocked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

bUMP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by jaxouk View Post
    Hi all, i bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=014 on ebay last night. got an email this afternoon saying that there was a mistake and that the phone wasn`t unlocked as stated in the description but infact locked to orange. the seller said i can have my money back or a £20 refund if i still want it. so i emailed him back saying i might still take it if its unlockable but if it not i`ll be looking a full refund. this was at 3pm...still no reply from him. just checked paypal and he is UNVERIFIED too. any ideas as to what i should do?

thanks

P.s does anyone know if it can actually be unlocked?

A google search revealed that there are companies selling unlocked versions of the phone, so it can obviously be unlocked, further searching may reveal info to whats involved, or how easy it is to do.

Since the recent ebay changes, as long as you pay with Paypal you are pretty well safe and covered for any losses, in fact he cannot withdraw any funds at all until a set time has passed or you have left positive feedback.
    Not everyone checks their emails every hour or so, I've sent emails to people I've bought ebay items from and on a couple of occasions it always took the 2 or 3 days to reply which I agree can be a little discerning.

Out of touch with phones a bit, I'm still using my old D900, with respect it amazes how much people will pay to have the latest phones, lot of cash for a mobile phone. I dont mind paying 300+ for a PS3 but not for a phone. though I know my sons do...lol. They have all the latest gizmo's and Blackberry etc. Think I'm well past it!
    Last edited by 67688c; 20th November 2008 at 02:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

PM sent Jaxo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post
    A google search revealed that there are companies selling unlocked versions of the phone, so it can obviously be unlocked, further searching may reveal info to whats involved, or how easy it is to do.

Since the recent ebay changes, as long as you pay with Paypal you are pretty well safe and covered for any losses, in fact he cannot withdraw any funds at all until a set time has passed or you have left positive feedback.
    Not everyone checks their emails every hour or so, I've sent emails to people I've bought ebay items from and on a couple of occasions it always took the 2 or 3 days to reply which I agree can be a little discerning.

Out of touch with phones a bit, I'm still using my old D900, with respect it amazes how much people will pay to have the latest phones, lot of cash for a mobile phone. I dont mind paying 300+ for a PS3 but not for a phone. though I know my sons do...lol. They have all the latest gizmo's and Blackberry etc. Think I'm well past it!
    PM received, thanks. i know, tbh i never check emails myself but it was an ebay message he sent me and showed on my ebay screen. Maybe it just because if it was me and i sold someyhing and there was a problem which i informed the buyer about i`d be looking for there responce and be trying to help them. maybe he`s just busy, i`ll try him again in the morning.

P.s the d900 was a good phone in its day.....in fact it still is! i had one but its sitting somewhere with a cracked screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Phones are not difficult to unlock.

I unlocked my old one via a code obtained free from the internet. Just search for unlocking codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

you wont be able to unlock that one unless you either get the unlock code from orange or get it to someone with a bb5 box which shouldnt be to difficult to do as most little independent computer shops do that sort of service now

Thread Information