Just thought i'd make a post after reading this site for a couple of months (very useful and informative!)

My previous car was a 1993 Mazda 323 1.5 DOHC in New Zealand, pop up headlights n the lot . Now i'm back in the UK with a normal lifestyle i got myself a Vectra.

04 plate 2.0DTI Energy in silver.

I've lived with the car for 2.5 tanks of diesel now (couple of months, i use a train for work). On the whole i'm pretty impressed. I initially thought the car was sluggish and a bit of a tank (owned a 1.6 vtec civic prior to a trip down under). After living with it a while its still sluggish and a bit of a tank Plenty of poke for my needs though, and very easy to drive, goes well in most gears from 1.5k rpm (instead of 5k + to get the civic going).

I like the indicators now i'm used to them, i like the posh folding key, i like the stereo (for a standard jobby its great) and i love the space. I like the cruise control, and how effortless the car is on motorways.

I dont like the brakes, despite it having new discs on the front i have to press them harder than i'm used to. I dont like the rattles, i've had the ARB bushes changed which got rid of 90%, i think the rest is the boot lid which i'll get round to sorting. I'm not keen on the headlights, i think i'll turn them up two notches.

I treated the car to 4x Dunlop Sport SP01's (the price was right) and i've been pretty impressed with them so far, especially in the wet.

Mods for the future ? Well its a diesel vectra so i'm leaving as is i'd like an armrest, mudflaps (it seems to get dirty quickly) and maybe brighter bulbs.

Thanks for all the good reads and advice so far