User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking and cleaning Injectors on my 1.9 CDTi SXi 150?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Checking and cleaning Injectors on my 1.9 CDTi SXi 150?!

Evenin all, I was just wondering if its possible to check and clean my Veccy injectors without taking it to the 'stealers'? Is there a HOW2 or thread on here showing me how to get them out and what must I look out for? I cant find 1 and iv been looking for ages!

Iv got the bonnet up now, rubber gloves on and ready 2 do it!!
    Last edited by VXR CDTi; 12th November 2008 at 19:52.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any 1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VXR CDTi View Post
    Evenin all, I was just wondering if its possible to check and clean my Veccy injectors without taking it to the 'stealers'? Is there a HOW2 or thread on here showing me how to get them out and what must I look out for? I cant find 1 and iv been looking for ages!

Iv got the bonnet up now, rubber gloves on and ready 2 do it!!
    AFAIK, from experience with PSA common-rail diesel stuff, it'll be tricky to work on because of the very high pressures behind the injectors - any slight nicks or misthreading can lead to something going 'pop'. It might look fine, but the system needs careful treatment otherwise it'll be compromised. Never tried it on my CDTi 150 though.

It's a bit more long-term, but what about running a couple or three tanks of BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power through? I had an old Cav and ran it tuned for 4-star on Optimax - when the head came off for gasket work it was very clean. I hear mixed messages about some of the after-market fuel additives wrt improving mpg but the cleaning effect of something like STP or Redex is a different thing. Used to use a xylene-based aerosol cleaner to degrease carbs, valves and so on, that could be blasted through the induction system - maybe something like that would be worth a try?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

right, Common rail diesels run at VERY high pressures, high enough to kill you....

without the proper training, and the proper facilities to safely test the injectors you are seriously risking your life....

If it's still running badly, save your life ( and he's not over egging it ) , save your families Xmas, and just pay the £40 to get it diagnosed..

Common rail diesels are not to be played with like the old DTi's...the internal pressures are around 35,000PSI......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Why do you think there is something wrong with the injectors? You can't really clean the business part anyway.

If you feel youmust clean them, try putting some injector cleaner in the fuel.

As Mark says, the fuel pressure is VERY high, high enough to inject diesel through your skin - which will cause medical issues with the Mk1 Human body.

Diesel at up to 1600 (23,000 PSI) bar is not to be messed with. 35,000 PSI = 2400 Bar and seems a bit high to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Why do you think there is something wrong with the injectors? You can't really clean the business part anyway.

If you feel youmust clean them, try putting some injector cleaner in the fuel.

As Mark says, the fuel pressure is VERY high, high enough to inject diesel through your skin - which will cause medical issues with the Mk1 Human body.

Diesel at up to 1600 (23,000 PSI) bar is not to be messed with. 35,000 PSI = 2400 Bar and seems a bit high to me.
    Hmmmm....thanx for the tip boys, I thought about it and decided against trying to fiddle with them thinking they must be pressured or something, my 'danger meter' was flashing lol!

As for the fuel additive, my Millers Oil Diesel Power Sport 4 arrived yesterday afternoon, so I put £35 of Shell Diesel not Shell V-Power coz they dont stock it and put a double shot of Millers in with the fuel. I used to use it all the time, but not for 5/6 months now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    right, Common rail diesels run at VERY high pressures, high enough to kill you....

without the proper training, and the proper facilities to safely test the injectors you are seriously risking your life....

If it's still running badly, save your life ( and he's not over egging it ) , save your families Xmas, and just pay the £40 to get it diagnosed..

Common rail diesels are not to be played with like the old DTi's...the internal pressures are around 35,000PSI......
    I thought as much, thats why I posted the thread just in case there was a way, id never go ahead and try looking at them without any 'words of wisdom'!

My dads friend in work used to work for Audi and has a very expensive Tech2 machine that we r gonna try on my car tom, he seems to think it could be the injectors after I explained about the juddering and management light flicking on and off under load, failing that, 'stealers' here I come!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

The 1.9CDTi does suffer from wiring problems on the injectors so it could need a new loom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    The 1.9CDTi does suffer from wiring problems on the injectors so it could need a new loom
    How much r they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Have a read through THIS THREAD long but informative