User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Inner Drive shaft boot

  1. #1
    Regular Member jamesr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Inner Drive shaft boot

    My car has been juddering a lot when at high speed, anyway cut a long story stort!

    The inner Drive Shaft boot has split - so has lost all the grease etc.
    I think this is what has caused the juddering.

    Its the Drivers side INNER joint thats split.

    VX tell me its a new drive shaft at £403 +VAT (part number 9186550), and not available separatley

    I have just had a look on a certain parts disc and its lists:

    93173411 Inner Joint and Boot Kit
    and 93173675 Boot Kit

    Should I be changing the whole shaft?
    Just One side?
    Or just the boot?

    Autovaux Quoted £135+vat for one side? anyone help here with any discount?


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    just get the boot kit m8 and take it to a local garage to have it fitted

  3. #3
    [Ex]Admin Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
    The inner Drive Shaft boot has split - so has lost all the grease etc......
    I think this is what has caused the juddering.

    Its the Drivers side INNER joint thats split.

    VX tell me its a new drive shaft at £403 +VAT (part number 9186550), and not available separatley
    Complete tosh what they've said!! As Glynn said just get the boot kit. I had the exact same thing go on mine a while back and I got a very good deal on the labour from my local dealer to do it. The drive shaft needs to be popped out, but certainly not replaced.

    I'll see if I can dig out the invoice for the part number and price.

  4. #4
    Regular Member jamesr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    just get the boot kit m8 and take it to a local garage to have it fitted

    My worry was the amount of juddering Iam getting at high speed - presumably due to lack of grease.

    Thought that would have damaged the joint?

    So just a new boot and pack with the 50g of grease supplied?

  5. #5
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 110000

    Default

    £14 for new boot from VX

  6. #6
    Ex Vec-C Admin ed taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking Through a Camera Lens.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 55000

    Default

    The joint may be dry with no grease in, but you might have damaged the joint running it dry. You could remove it and clean it to see if there is any excesive ware on the internal components. You could then re-fill with the correct grease and see if the problem has gone away.

  7. #7
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
    My car has been juddering a lot when at high speed, anyway cut a long story stort!

    The inner Drive Shaft boot has split - so has lost all the grease etc.
    I think this is what has caused the juddering.

    Its the Drivers side INNER joint thats split.

    VX tell me its a new drive shaft at £403 +VAT (part number 9186550), and not available separatley

    I have just had a look on a certain parts disc and its lists:

    93173411 Inner Joint and Boot Kit
    and 93173675 Boot Kit

    Should I be changing the whole shaft?
    Just One side?
    Or just the boot?

    Autovaux Quoted £135+vat for one side? anyone help here with any discount?


    Thanks
    problem is vx dont do any parts for drive shafts anymore so if you need either inner or outter parts (apart from boots) it has been superseaded by a complete drive shaft ........this is for all the vx range ....

  8. #8
    Regular Member jamesr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Is this the part I should get then?

    http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/cv-joint...?recordID=1372

  9. #9
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
    Is this the part I should get then?

    http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/cv-joint...?recordID=1372
    no i think thats a outter one ....

  10. #10
    Ex Vec-C Admin ed taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking Through a Camera Lens.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 55000

    Default

    I would say it is an outer one too. Judging by the picture.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Drive shaft
    By drummo in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24th September 2012, 13:50
  2. Drive Shaft Inner Boot
    By Keithy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th August 2010, 22:54
  3. Inner drive shaft boot
    By damoore1983 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th July 2009, 08:00
  4. drive shaft boot
    By bnam in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12th April 2009, 11:11
  5. drive shaft
    By glynn in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th May 2008, 12:44

Visitors found this page by searching for:

drive shaft boot

vectra c driveshaft boot

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •