Thread: fraudsters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy fraudsters

hello guys yest i went to pay for my car tax i had just over 1k in my accound so plenty of money to pay for it. i done it online went to end clicked pay and declined so i thort hey ok so went online banking and some ****ing ******s spent 920 quid shopping on this foreign website and got charges for international currency and stuff so i have been tottally wiped out big time :-( spoke to the bank but i got forms to fill in that have to be processed to get the fraud people on the case so i now have an untaxed vectra with no money for fuel!!!! FANTASTIC eh how can people do this to others it really annoys me. just wish you could show the people that done it how much they ****ed you off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Gutted m8,thats one thing that scare's me banking on-line,hope you get all you money back.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i know how u fel bud i have 500 taken outa a credit card a few years ago but thankfully it is easyer with them.

feel bad for ya bud that totally sux mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yea does suck big time i dont no if i will get it all back thats the only biatch i hope i do or i will not be a happy man sorry to say but the bad population of our eastern european!!! (not sorry to say)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope you get it all back OK.

Still do banking the old fashioned way, in the branch with cheques. Oh and I work in the IT security department of an investment bank as well!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't know you mate but you're local to me so if you need to borrow some cash short term give me a shout. I trust you because I'm a copper and I'd hunt you down and k1ll you if you didn't give it back. Offer is there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MalcGSI View Post
    Hope you get it all back OK.

Still do banking the old fashioned way, in the branch with cheques. Oh and I work in the IT security department of an investment bank as well!!!
    ahh send some money my way then m8 lol i will get it back 1 way or another just take time i guess never happenedto me before. but yea true old school banking cant beat it but thing is i never entered my card detail online. so mystery how they got my details

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear that, however the bank should re-imburse you quite quickly as long as you can show you did not contribute to the fraud by making it easy for them to carry it out.

I alway advise people never ever use any part of their name when setting up email addresses, always better to use alias addresses which can be easily changed anyway. I just signed up to the Playstation Network the other night so I can use their on-line service. They ask for your full name, address, date of birth, maiden name of your mother, and a load of other personal stuff. I gave a fictitious name and address, IOW none of the datails given were true. Same applies to my Yahoo email accounts and any others I use for many online forum accounts. I value my privacy very highly.
    My system sits behind a hardware firewall in the router, and I also have zonalarm, and a good virus scanner running all the time, though I even disable them for a few minutes when I do any on-line banking, as I dont trust them either..lol
    There are that many virus & key logger trojans around you have to take all the precautions you can. RBS have now issued their online customers with a digital card reader which the user has to use before they can withdraw any funds which appears a good secure system.
    Its more likely your card details have been skimmed by some un-scrupulous person when you have paid for something with your card.
    Thats the reason I rarely use my debit card at all for purchases, I use my Tesco credit card for everything, and gives me the Tesco points too and it then gets automatically paid off at the end of the month by a direct debit from my bank.
    At least that way, you are covered in the event you are ripped off as long as the purchase is £100 or more. My son had his debit card cloned by a member of staff at a restaurant a few months ago, when they swiped his card to set up a bar tab, and over 3k was nicked before he realised the loss. He did eventually get it all back however, although it did take a few weeks to get it sorted. Banks used to refund without too much fuss at one time, but are starting to be less co-operative these days, so you may need to keep on at them.

Hope you get it all back matey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie69 View Post
    I don't know you mate but you're local to me so if you need to borrow some cash short term give me a shout. I trust you because I'm a copper and I'd hunt you down and k1ll you if you didn't give it back. Offer is there!
    your a funny fella lol ok m8 i will have to make do with me rac ven as transport until this is sorted but thanks for the offer tho m8 much appreciated i will remember it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers cameron good bit of info well i dont really use my card that much i usually like u use my amex card and pay that off but i had to pay my car tax so if it wasnt for that i would not have noticed so soon. i just h8 the ****ers that do this just time and inconvienience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information