User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Quantum of Solace bond film

  1. #1
    Regular Member 67688c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Quantum of Solace bond film

    My 2 sons treated me to a trip to the cimema last night and a meal afterwards, this was at the Vue in Worcster.
    It was so packed we ended up right at the front, mainly due to the fact they only just made it in time, so the best seats were taken.
    We considered leaving after a few minutes and asking for a refund, we were that close to the screen you couldn't relate to the film at all, especially the close up fast action bits, it was almost like watching a big slide show, we came away with barely a clue of what it was all about, just couldn't follow it at all we were so close to the screen. The film is probably very good but I think next time I'll take the wife with me when she's feeling a little better, and preferably in the daytime in a couple of weeks time when its much quieter. Now I know what a fly see's when he lands on a large screen... ie. absolutely nothing! lol

  2. #2
    Regular Member sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Away with the fairies.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    It is a cracking film, but it is a bit confusding as there are a few references back to the first film. I was sat in the middle seats of the cinema I use and that was close enough!!
    I'd go back for another watch, it's worth it!

  3. #3
    Regular Member parapaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I have mixed feelings about it, TBH. I'm a big Bond fan (not in the sense, I just enjoy the films) but this one seemed to lack a couple of the main ingredients that a Bond film needs - namely car porn (mmmm...Aston Martin DBS... ) and gadgets (mmmm...gadgets... )

    Other than that, cracking film. The choreography of the fight sequences just gets better

  4. #4
    Regular Member mc_orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Worcester...and most motorways!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron43 View Post
    My 2 sons treated me to a trip to the cimema last night and a meal afterwards, this was at the Vue in Worcster.
    It was so packed we ended up right at the front, mainly due to the fact they only just made it in time, so the best seats were taken.
    We considered leaving after a few minutes and asking for a refund, we were that close to the screen you couldn't relate to the film at all, especially the close up fast action bits, it was almost like watching a big slide show, we came away with barely a clue of what it was all about, just couldn't follow it at all we were so close to the screen. The film is probably very good but I think next time I'll take the wife with me when she's feeling a little better, and preferably in the daytime in a couple of weeks time when its much quieter. Now I know what a fly see's when he lands on a large screen... ie. absolutely nothing! lol

    Same as mate, was there last nite too, tho got there erly an did manage to grab some seats near the back,
    The film is ok, tho it felt that i was being rushed into watching it, felt too fast compared to the other bond films ive see (my dad loves them).

    Breathed a huge sigh of relife when it finished as was too much action in short space of time.

  5. #5
    Full Member spennny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Blantyre
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I will watch it later, in comfort of my home on a 50" tv

  6. #6
    Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : insignia

    Trim : irmscher

    Engine : 2.0 cdti

    Year : 2009

    Default

    Wanting to see this but cant get a baby sitter

    Any offers

  7. #7
    Regular Member moorlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
    I have mixed feelings about it, TBH. I'm a big Bond fan (not in the sense, I just enjoy the films) but this one seemed to lack a couple of the main ingredients that a Bond film needs - namely car porn (mmmm...Aston Martin DBS... ) and gadgets (mmmm...gadgets... )

    Other than that, cracking film. The choreography of the fight sequences just gets better
    I also like bond, a few from work have seen it & they panned it! said it was a poor Bourne rip-off...will wait for the DVD

  8. #8
    Regular Member taffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Minera, Wrexham.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Wanting to see this but cant get a baby sitter

    Any offers

    Cover my fuel costs to you and back and pay for over night accommodation and I'll look after them for you!!

  9. #9
    Regular Member MLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The front seats at the Vue are cack. Went to see a film with my lad and we sat on the steps rather than sit at the front.

    You can touch the screen with your nose in the front row.

  10. #10
    Regular Member 67688c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    The front seats at the Vue are cack. Went to see a film with my lad and we sat on the steps rather than sit at the front.

    You can touch the screen with your nose in the front row.
    Absolutely right.. I dont know why they even have any seats down at the front in there because its simply not practical to follow the film at all. We considered sitting up on the rear steps also, but were unsure if they would actually allow it (health and safety and all that) but you shouldn't really have to do that when your've just paid about £8 each for the seats, Its the first time I've been there on a evening.

    A bit annoying.. but I look forward to seeing it properly again either next week or the week after when I take my wife to see it, but in the afternoon when its much quieter. On the back row for us matey...lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who's the best Bond ?
    By FIL 4822 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 7th October 2012, 17:22
  2. Xbox 360 Quantum of solace
    By Dwabo in forum General items for sale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th May 2009, 18:50
  3. That's Bond bu66ered then!
    By Triple Trouble in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 24th April 2008, 21:11
  4. Jimmy Bond Film
    By VauxVeteran in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26th March 2007, 12:46
  5. the new bond car
    By yorkshireborn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th January 2007, 15:34

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •