User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Car park scrape - not happy...

  1. #1
    VIP-Member GSiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

    Trim : GSi

    Engine : Z32SE

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 212,060

    Default Car park scrape - not happy...

    Yesterday morning, walking back to my car in a car park, I noticed a woman in a small, black car struggling to leave the rather tight space next to my car. As I walked closer, she drove to another space and began to turn her car around.

    Looking at the driver's side of my car, suspicious of what I had witnessed, I noticed a bad scuff mark on the rear wheelarch! Some paint has been taken off the bumper too.

    I made a note of the number plate of the offending vehicle but was unable to stop the driver to "have a word."

    What recourse do I have? Do I need to report it to the police? Contact my insurance company?

    Any advice would be welcome.

    Paul
    2003 Vauxhall Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

  2. #2
    Regular Member shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Your best calling the police to get a crime/accident number to give to your insurance.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belfast
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yep, call the 5-0, they'll give you an incident number, will probably have a word with the offending person, and then pass it all on to your insurance.

  4. #4
    Regular Member detritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Your best calling the police to get a crime/accident number to give to your insurance.
    Go to a police station and complete an 'accident self reporting form'. You won't get a crime number as it is counted as an RTC, not a crime but you should get a log number which you can pass to your insurance company.

    Detritus.

  5. #5
    VIP-Member GSiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

    Trim : GSi

    Engine : Z32SE

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 212,060

    Default

    Thanks, guys. I shall go this evening, I think.

    Paul
    2003 Vauxhall Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

  6. #6
    Regular Member parapaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    However, AFAIK car parks are usually classified as private land rather than the highway, so insurance may play silly bu66ers...

  7. #7
    Regular Member Ben H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Herts\Beds Border
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _ZS_ View Post
    Yep, call the 5-0, they'll give you an incident number, will probably have a word with the offending person, and then pass it all on to your insurance.

  8. #8
    Full Member Big Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Is a very naughty boy
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Go to a police station and complete an 'accident self reporting form'. You won't get a crime number as it is counted as an RTC, not a crime but you should get a log number which you can pass to your insurance company.

    Detritus.
    Wouldn't it be a crime as she left the scene of an accident with out giving details?
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

  9. #9
    Regular Member Kcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiFan View Post
    Yesterday morning, walking back to my car in a car park, I noticed a woman in a small, black car struggling to leave the rather tight space next to my car. As I walked closer, she drove to another space and began to turn her car around.

    Looking at the driver's side of my car, suspicious of what I had witnessed, I noticed a bad scuff mark on the rear wheelarch! Some paint has been taken off the bumper too.

    I made a note of the number plate of the offending vehicle but was unable to stop the driver to "have a word."

    What recourse do I have? Do I need to report it to the police? Contact my insurance company?

    Any advice would be welcome.

    Paul
    This very same thing happened to my wifes car earlier this year, came back from the shops and found all the back of the bumper scuffed, but no apologie note left, i was well pssssst off ! so i had a quick look at some of the cars around the car park, and guess what i found ? yep, a car with our red paint all down one wing, to be truthfull i didn't no what to do so my first port of call was the Police station, they did give me a incident number but said if i didn't see it i could not prove anything ! i was shore it was this car that had hit us, so i went back to the car park and left a note on the screen of their car saying someone had informed me that your vehicle had hit mine and could they give us a ring to sort it out ! ! i also told them that i had been to the Police and had been given a incident number, it was worth the bluff though because this old chap rang us later that day really sorry and full of opologies ! its worth a try !

  10. #10
    Regular Member HEP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    THE TOON
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default scuff

    wouldnt you think an old age pensioner would have been honest and left a note on your car? old git?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For those that have had a small ding/scrape
    By 111 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th July 2011, 13:49
  2. Had scrape to bumper repaired
    By denzo in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th July 2007, 00:24
  3. Small scrape on the Bumper
    By denzo in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th March 2007, 15:19
  4. Grind/Scrape @ 2000rpm
    By Basil in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10th November 2005, 14:22
  5. I've had a bit of a scrape love...
    By JCB in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th August 2005, 14:04

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •