Thread: Help with vectra c 2006 sat nav

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help with vectra c 2006 sat nav

Hi guys i am new to this forum and have just bought a 2006 vectra sri cdti with sat nav built in, I have been having a play with the sat nav in the car yesterday and i have a couple of questions that need answering can you enter post codes instead of putting the address in.
    And my big question is ive notticed that it wont find many streets in my town that have been here for over 40 years why is this it wont even find my home address what good is this if i go somewhere and want to get to my home address if this is the case it may not find places elsewhere if i want to go out of town can you add streets into the system please help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Elite Auto

Engine : 2.2 Direct Petrol

Year : 2006

The satnav is actually pretty good for a built-in unit.

You can enter the postcode, but only the first 5 characters. Just enter the postcode when is asks you to enter the Road Name in the destination screen. Then pick out the Road from the list it offers you. Its not too much of a bind to go through the process.

I've used the satnav about 5 times already, and it has taken me to the exact front door every time, using the best route.

I find the interface (voice and visual) to be excellent. I much prefer it to my Navman (which i keep in the boot for emergencies until i learn to trust the routing abilities of the cd70).

Have the route option set to 'Motorway' - concensus says thats the best option.

It sounds like you have the 2005 maps. It might be an idea to upgrade to the 2008/9 maps from Vx (£120) or from ebay (£40-£70).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Personally I think it's pants. Five digit postcodes is a joke. Try finding Santa Pod for example at 5am in the morning.

I've kept my TOM TOM 510 as a resullt. Find it with the TOM TOM and then browse the CD70 map until both screens look the same. Pathetic

Anyway moving on. I've found that you might have to input more that on town to find a particular street. For example my brother lives in Ellesmere Port but his road is listed under Great Sutton which is a much smaller part of Ellesmere Port.

If your road is definiatly not listed park the car on the drive (or at the end of the street if you are concerned about the car having your home address in it). Press Info, scroll left to Navi, then push the button to "position." This will give you your current position and then save it as Home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I found that sometimes you have to put in the bigger town to which maybe your town is under.
    When I first bought mine I tried to find New Brighton but it would not have it but when I got there the satnav said Wallasey

Thread Information