Thread: Vauxhall Signum…fumes In Cab Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vauxhall Signum…fumes In Cab Update

Had my Signum 3.0CDTi Elite nearly a fortnight now and finally the busted pipe (pictured) is gonna get fixed. Was the garage helpful where I bought my car from?…not at all! When I rang the owner what I was expecting to hear was, “sorry to hear about that pipe Sir but don’t worry I’ll get it sorted for you”. What I actually heard was, “you’ve got your AA warranty as provided by me, chase it up with them”. Told him I was dismayed that I had to go down that road and was hoping he would sort it NOT the AA. Anyway I rang the AA warranty claims line only to be told that the pipe was not covered…surprise surprise! In the meantime I had been in a touch with a local garage and was told that the offending pipe was a Vauxhall only part and would cost £69 + VAT + fitting. I rang the garage back and told the owner that the pipe was NOT covered by the warranty and what was he gonna do about it? Told him I had been in touch with a local garage and what the price was to fix the pipe. “How much?” says he. Then, here comes the best bit, he suggested I perhaps have a look round my local scrap yards and see if I can pick the pipe up on the cheap from them, I kid you not! Through gritted teeth and clenched fists I said, “please, I’ve only had the car less than a week, I can’t drive it as fumes are entering the cab, can’t you just sort it amicably?”. He says he’ll ring me back. 2 days went by…he didn’t. Anyway I decided to ring the finance company I bought my car through to see what they could do. To be fair to them they were very concerned and helpful. They rang the garage owner and from what they told me he wasn’t helpful at all and to cap it all he slammed the phone down on the lady who was speaking to him…what a lovely gentleman he is bless him! The finance people told me to go ahead and get my car repaired and they are footing the bill and in turn they’re gonna pursue the garage owner for their money. Ok I got a result but didn’t want it to be this way. Is it just me but most (not all) garages I’ve bought cars from in the past are all nicey nicey when you’re actually doing the deal but as soon as you’ve left the premises that’s that, they don’t want to know you anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm pleased you got it sorted But tbh that sounds just like the garage we got my mums Tdi golf from. They really are no better than buying a car from e-bay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite with sports pack

Engine : CDTi 150

Year : 2005

Mileage : 103000

I had the same trouble when i bought my vec off a Vx network Q garage at Ripon nice as pie when i bought it,
    But has soon as i had a problem with the Vectra not helpful at all, they couldn't even clear the fault codes

In the end i went to a Vx garage at Malton near me & they are great & so helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It wouldn't be fair to tar all garages with the same brush as Thunder rightly points out. Yes there are some damn good ones out there but on the other hand there's some very bad ones!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

name and shame them, the sevice they give should extend beyond the sale. if they treat customers this way they dont deserve to be in business

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Here here Chinky couldn't agree more with you my friend! Thing is you know how it is with some garages, one customer will say, "they've been brilliant with me" whereas another customer will say of the same garage, "they treated me like sh*t!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Update on this knackered pipe. Can you believe it this pipe isn't in stock anywhere in the UK?!?! As we speak it's on its way from Germany!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I used to hate dealing with garage's/dealers as always thought they'd rip me off but the last 2 car's i've owned i bought from garage's. The Vectra i bought the day i saw it and drove it home the same afternoon,but had a problem with radio,the code that was in the book wouldn't work and didn't care how long you left the radio on,i had no joy with it,so rang garage up and he told me to get it recoded and he'd reimburse me,i thought yeah right...

But had the radio recoded and sent the bill,did take them 2 weeks but did finally get my money for it refunded,so it works in some place's and not others and when i'm ready to buy another motor will be getting in touch with them as there service was excellent,good luck with getting your new pipe
    fitted......

Thread Information