0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just Cancelled Orange BB

OMG!! I've actually got out of my contract with Orange Broadband !!

You really can not understand how pleased i am about this - i've had a right nightmare, and the other day decided enough is enough so sent them an email.

Please forward this to the relevant dept. and escalate to necessary person if needed.

I wish to cancel my Orange Home Max account due to a completely unreliable and an inexplicably poor service received over the whole period of my contract so far.

As you can see if you read back through the notes on my account, I have been in contact with your team on numerous occassions regarding faults, downtimes, and problems with the service in general.

Along the way I have been passed from pillar to post, and lied to - but very rarely helped!
    I have had to take time off work for an engineer to attend my property, only for nobody to turn up and then get told the engineer was never booked (this should all be documented on my account) - I have also recently had the misfortune of dealing with your moving house team, who again managed to arrange an engineer to attend my property, for him not to show up either - this time round though, your notes on your system advised that the engineer had in fact been to the property and carried out his tests ... not at my house he didn't!!

And now, because your contact system is so poor and you don't provide a customer service email but instead force people who wish to communicate via internet to use this less than adequate contact form, I will shortly run out of space to type my full complaint.

So, on to the cancellation of my account.
    I realise that I am bound by the terms of a contract that I verbally agreed to etc etc - but the fact that your company, for the duration of this contract has failed (in monolithic proportions, might I add) to fully provide me with the service that YOU agreed to as part of that same contract, then I'm sure you will agree I have a good basis for complaint - and ultimately cancellation.

I am fully willing to pay a small fee to cover your administration fees for the cancellation. However, I will not be paying the remaining months of my contract to you.
    Please forward my MAC code and acknowledge that my account has been cancelled and has no remaining monies owing to your company.

Regards,

Barry Jarvis

I had an email back saying that my MAC code has been ordered, and that i was to contact their support team by phone to arrange the rest of the cancellation... just got off the phone now with my MAC code and best of all NO cancellation charges!!

Now, for anyone with Orange Broadband looking to get out of it, you'll appreciate how difficult it is, so this is quite an achievement...

For those people thinking of going with them.... DON'T!!!

unbelievably happy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Result and no cancelation fee.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never had a problem with Orange TBH. Setting up the live printer was a pain but they didn't support it at the time. Not bad considering it's free.

Their lack of Tech. support is however legendary which does have one advantage because it's lead to the setting up of some really goos sites so that you can do it yourself.

Regional Organiser - West Scotland neverlandandy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great result there for you mate and no cancellation fee just goes to show you have to keep at them

Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with aol (cpw) and i'm stuck with them for another 12 months ive had nothing but trouble from them,so i might start to log my downtimes and start complaining

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was with Orange and had no end of problems with broadband...
    Mine twas said to be that the modem...A Thompson 330 dial-up broadband modem couldn't work above 4 meg.
    They reduced my speed to 2 meg (without advising me) and continued to charge the 8 meg price...
    The failure happens because on systems above 2 meg, the broadband exchange jumps from line to line hunting for the clearest and hence quickest data feed speed...sometimes it jumps to a dead line by mistake and bingo...line dropped.
    On 2 meg the exchange stays on the same line..no hunting around.

I am now with sky and have free full-time broadband...2 meg of course...no hassles whatsoever.

Beware that orange don't ring you up in 3 months time asking for payment of a months subscription..even though its paid and they were probably ripping you off like they did me.
    Last edited by Robsey; 24th October 2008 at 22:07. Reason: originally wrote a load of tosh..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am with AOL and started years ago on dialup and now Broadband and I think they are superb, any problems I have had, has been dealt with really quickly via the online help or by phone on the same day. Been with them for over 11 years now and have no intention to move

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY W View Post
    I am with AOL and started years ago on dialup and now Broadband and I think they are superb, any problems I have had, has been dealt with really quickly via the online help or by phone on the same day. Been with them for over 11 years now and have no intention to move
    i was with AOL from the start untill early this year my probs started when CPW bought them out every weekend from 6pm id have no connection then when it did come back it was intermittant.

Thread Information