Thread: what to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default what to do?

I sold an item on ebay few months back.. basically the guy mailed me to say the item was broken and so i provided all the info etc for him to make a claim from the royal mail.. however, he raised a dispute with paypal..and after lots of correspondence it was awarded in his favour..
    However, he sent me the item back..damaged,, not by the mail, but in a process that could only of been done by forcing the item..
    i appealed paypals decision and provided a quote, photos' etc to show the damage in which they said they would refund myself!!.. winner!..u may say.. BUT...big BUT, i had to send the item to paypal..in the usa.. the cheapest tracked means was £39 as the item was less than 1kg and had to go by tracked parcel... now the cost of the item sold was £40.27.. so all i would recieve from paypal would effectively be £1.27 from the item that HE damaged!!..
    paypal are being a right ar 5e now saying they will only refund me if i send the item 2000 miles for them to look at!..
    where do i stand with this appeal?.. i have wrote numerous emails etc but to no avail and basically they are digging their heels in ans so am I!!..
    also..my account is no in negative funds and i am not prepared to restore my balance.. what will happen if i dont do this because at the end of the day..they refunded the guy for breaking my item!!
    Help and advice greatly appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Am i correct in reading that the item and claim was for 1.27 If you did pay 39 quid to post it to paypal you should have your head checked.

Throw the item in the bin and forget about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had to send the item to paypal..in the usa.. the cheapest tracked means was £39 as the item was less than 1kg and had to go by tracked parcel... now the cost of the item sold was £40.27.. so all i would recieve from paypal would effectively be £1.27 from the item that HE damaged!!..
    paypal are being a right ar 5e now saying they will only refund me if i send the item 2000 miles for them to look at!..

no mate he's saying thats the only option he's been offered
    Ive had loads of problems with Paypal they're right gits.. good luck mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Doesn't standard royal mail insurance cover damage in the post? But the sender has to claim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pjames.79 View Post
    i had to send the item to paypal..in the usa.. the cheapest tracked means was £39 as the item was less than 1kg and had to go by tracked parcel... now the cost of the item sold was £40.27.. so all i would recieve from paypal would effectively be £1.27 from the item that HE damaged!!..

no mate he's saying thats the only option he's been
    offered
    Ive had loads of problems with Paypal they're right gits.. good luck mate

The item being sold was 1.27 thats how i read it. Ok the item might cost 39 quid to post to paypal.
    OK fair do's he sold it and somebody bought it.
    But if i had somebody saying the 1.27 item was broke i would just say you are telling porkies and say i will give you the money back so it would not go to dispute.

Times must be hard for people to sell items worth 1.27 and the same for people to complain an item worth 1.27 is broke and start being funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No, the item he bought was £40.27....but he claimed via paypal instead..and they refunded him!!.. now its past all time lines for me to actually claim against royal mail..
    the cost of the item he bought from me was £40.27... to send it to the usa would cost £39... when they recieve the item, they would refund me the £40.27 (which they have already taken from my account)... so in actual terms.. i would only get back £1.27 as i have to pay the posatge as paypal want/need my item sent to them for me to be refunded!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : sxi

Engine : 1.9 CDTI

Year : 2005

I read it as the item sold was £40.27. Postage cost to USA is £39.
    After investigation, paypal may refund the 40.27 but not the postage costs, leaving a net 1.27. (EDIT: Too slow)

Will Paypal pay the postage if they find the appeal to be in your favour?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nope...i have to pay the postage....this is my argument... i said i will post it if they will refund the postage too...
    as u said... a net refund of £1.27...
    sending it to the usa is just mad for such an item with that value.. surely they have regional/country offices that if they require the goods they can be sent there..not 2000 miles and at a cost you have to fork out as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My apologies. I must have miss read it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Paypal and chocolate fire guards springs to mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information