StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cloooooooooooooless

Back to the proper chat.....

Todays wisdom is to give 5 yr olds sex education, whoever thought that one up should resign imo, this is the worst piece of planning I have ever heard, they just start school and someone informs you that thing between your legs is for etc.

If anything it should reverse and don't tell them anything about it until they hit 15, whats actually happened is due to them being informed at 10 yrs old they get curious and condoms do not enter the equation when you are 12 yrs old and about to pop the cherry.

It's like showing someone an Aston Martin and walking away leaving the keys in it, even if the other person doesn't drive it away, they sure as hell will wanna hear the engine running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah agreed, it's bonkers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep its wrong
    IMO its down to the parents to teach this sort of thing and the age that they think is right.
    i have six kids and found the best way for us is if they ask any questions of a sexual nature we just answer them honestly in a way they understand.
    so they learn as they grow up a bit at a time when they are ready. rather then getting it all ramed in their faces all at once.

not saying this is the best way to go but it does work for us and works very well so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree, these things usually dreamt up by people who don't have kids and wouldn't want the responsibility - we don't need the Government to tell us how to bring our kids up, if you do then shouldn't have kids!

Rant over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes this is another of this stupid governments bright ideas, absolutely crazy, Why would a child want to know about sex at that age, its illegal under 16ys. My daugher tells me the parent does have the option to opt out which she is doing. We are parents controlled by the state, limited to government rules on how we raise our children, and many of those that make these stupid decisions dont even have children. Pathetic!
    We have the highest under age birthrate in Europe. The only thing we seem to learn from history is that 'we never learn'
    Some may laugh at this but I was 23 when I first experienced sex, (marriage) I was too busy with my motorcycles in my teens and I was a bit shy I suppose, sometimes the less people know about something the better, Im sure this governement is filled with pervs.
    I have never known any government in my lifetime inflict as much damage to a country as new labour have done. They have erroded away everything that encouraged decent standards.
    They say a child is better off in a stable mariage society, but they discourage marriage by scrapping mariage tax concesions etc.
    You remember Mr Prudence Brown when making his speeches a few years ago saying we must avoid Boom n Bust, well the Booms gone and were all BUST.
    Last edited by 67688c; 23rd October 2008 at 11:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with VV wholeheartedly. (After checking what time it was posted )

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't our kids just be allowed to be kids these days?

Slippery slope IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moron's! I was listening on radio1 to teachers in Belfast teaching 6yr olds, what there bit's and bob's do, disgusting. Far to young to be told that much. IMO it's the parents job to teach a child about the facts of life. Me an my missus are expecting our first child in Feb (Little girl), and there's no way in hell I want her to know about those things at school, it's our job.

As said kids have no innocence these days, you see 9yr olds, dressed like 19yr olds on a night out. Kids not much older sleeping together. Sad sad world!

Typical though of the yoghurt knitters who run this country, these are probably the same people who think Pedophiles are misunderstood, and actully nice people deep down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think it's a bad idea? I have to teach it to them!

Now, I know we have a problem in this fair land with teenage pregnancies and the like, but teaching every child how to make more isn't the answer. People on here are right, children are being forced to grow up much too early. It's only when you show them cartoons or play "old fashioned" games that you see the child inside these proto-teens come out.

Now, maybe someone can explain to the government the link between high teenage pregnancy rates and the Government's insistence on giving single teen mothers a free flat/copious amounts of money etc. After all, if you were a low-achieving (teacher talk for retarded) 14 year old with no real prospects or hope of getting qualifications and you realised that you could get a free home of your own and plenty of tax-free benefits given to you for lying on your back for 30 seconds, then hell, why not?

Maybe if the parents of teens who get pregnant were made to be responsible for child and grandchild, they may try and dissuade their offspring from pro-creating.

Rant over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigknill View Post

Now, maybe someone can explain to the government the link between high teenage pregnancy rates and the Government's insistence on giving single teen mothers a free flat/copious amounts of money etc. After all, if you were a low-achieving (teacher talk for retarded) 14 year old with no real prospects or hope of getting qualifications and you realised that you could get a free home of your own and plenty of tax-free benefits given to you for lying on your back for 30 seconds, then hell, why not?

Maybe if the parents of teens who get pregnant were made to be responsible for child and grandchild, they may try and dissuade their offspring from pro-creating.

Rant over.

This one baffles me also and has done for a long time, the link screams at you so loud as well.

Thread Information