User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Boxing at MEN Arena

  1. #1
    Regular Member Spikeyİ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the sponge-monkey tent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Boxing at MEN Arena

    Anyone been to the MEN Arena, Manchester?

    Going up on Saturday to whatch the big fight, was wondering what the parking situation is there? I know there's some NCP car parks around, but expcet the prices to be rediculous.

    Also any good Indian restaurants close by? Might have something to munch before it kicks off.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Blackburn End
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The parking around the MEN is a rip-off for big events. I know this is a car forum but personally I'd take the train into the main station in Manchester (Piccadilly), go the ground floor and then the tram there right into the MEN. Its so easy, its not worth driving and parking, plus you can have a beer. I live 10 miles away and always take the tram to the MEN, ( at £ 3.80 return !!)

    Loads of eateries around. The Printworks is closeby also.

    Are you coming up from Cardiff ??

  3. #3
    Regular Member ion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    walsall
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I've never been there but you are a lucky so & so lol

    I've always been involved in boxing, I started while at school & continued after, then left it for about 10 years (discovered women & alcohol) before starting again.

    I broke my right hand 3 yrs ago which took me out for 6 months

    I'm still training now but don't spar any more, I train mainly at home now as I can only get to the gym one day a week. Luckily my garage is large & I have everything I need.

    Anyway, you don't need me to tell you - enjoy the fight mate.

  4. #4
    Regular Member JYsV6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CUMBRIA
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Been to a few concerts there. Last one in December cost me £5 to park about 400m from Arena.
    Hope there are some good fights. Big up to Joe

  5. #5
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Failsworth, Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTEX
    The parking around the MEN is a rip-off for big events. I know this is a car forum but personally I'd take the train into the main station in Manchester (Piccadilly), go the ground floor and then the tram there right into the MEN. Its so easy, its not worth driving and parking, plus you can have a beer. I live 10 miles away and always take the tram to the MEN, ( at £ 3.80 return !!)

    Loads of eateries around. The Printworks is closeby also.

    Are you coming up from Cardiff ??
    Scottex is absolutely right mate. The tram system in the City is excellent. Take his advice about visiting the 'Printworks' as well, you won't regret it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Spikeyİ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the sponge-monkey tent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTEX
    The parking around the MEN is a rip-off for big events. I know this is a car forum but personally I'd take the train into the main station in Manchester (Piccadilly), go the ground floor and then the tram there right into the MEN. Its so easy, its not worth driving and parking, plus you can have a beer. I live 10 miles away and always take the tram to the MEN, ( at £ 3.80 return !!)

    Loads of eateries around. The Printworks is closeby also.

    Are you coming up from Cardiff ??
    Driving up from Cardiff with a mate, I don't like trains much so prefer the motor, besides I love driving!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Spikeyİ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the sponge-monkey tent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ion
    I've never been there but you are a lucky so & so lol

    I've always been involved in boxing, I started while at school & continued after, then left it for about 10 years (discovered women & alcohol) before starting again.

    I broke my right hand 3 yrs ago which took me out for 6 months

    I'm still training now but don't spar any more, I train mainly at home now as I can only get to the gym one day a week. Luckily my garage is large & I have everything I need.

    Anyway, you don't need me to tell you - enjoy the fight mate.
    I dabbled a little at school, had 3 fights then got chucked out of the club (St Mary's ABC, Chatham) for flatening my mate whilst sparring. I caught him with a shot in the solar plexus which winded him and he bent over double saying he'd had enough...I took the oportunity to practice a right upper-cut, sent him about 3 foot off the canvas and left him unconcious for 10 minutes. Ooops!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Blackburn End
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    When I was a kid aka, 8 - 9. Instead of going to cubs, I got sent to the local boxing club. Problem was I was a big kid, tall and heavy and when your a kid you have to fight your weight class. So I was 8 -9 having to fight 15 - 16 year olds. I got hammered every week. It taught me to get fit ( we practised skipping with barbed wire, imagine that these days !!) and eventually to look after myself. I never got picked on a school after that.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Blackburn End
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Spikey, if your driving then. Don't park in the MEN Arena car park, you'll be still trying to get off this time next week. Its not exactly the best of areas to be leaving your car but try to use a NCP. The best one I can think of is the old Victoria station NCP between the MEN and Deansgate, its manned, barriers, etc. I don't know how much it will cost but it won't be cheap. From here you can walk into Deansgate ( the city centre) loads of bars, eateries, etc or walk upto the Printworks, ie, turn left towards Marks and Spencer.

    Good luck.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Spikeyİ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the sponge-monkey tent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTEX
    Spikey, if your driving then. Don't park in the MEN Arena car park, you'll be still trying to get off this time next week. Its not exactly the best of areas to be leaving your car but try to use a NCP. The best one I can think of is the old Victoria station NCP between the MEN and Deansgate, its manned, barriers, etc. I don't know how much it will cost but it won't be cheap. From here you can walk into Deansgate ( the city centre) loads of bars, eateries, etc or walk upto the Printworks, ie, turn left towards Marks and Spencer.

    Good luck.
    Cheers mate, exactly the kind of info I was after.

    What's the Printworks then? Seen it mentioned a couple of times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ?LG Arena NEC Brum...Rhianna Gigg.
    By macdad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th November 2011, 21:23
  2. Meet - O2 Arena
    By spennny in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30th June 2011, 11:14
  3. Hotels Near the Sheffield Arena?
    By Stevel in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27th November 2008, 23:52
  4. O2 arena
    By silverhairedracer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th November 2008, 15:48
  5. Metro arena newcastle
    By vectra 120 in forum Spotted or put a flyer on a Vectra C/Signum?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th October 2007, 21:41

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •