Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default new or used

after a chat with my dad I can now get 18% and 4years 0% on a new signum
    so that brings the car down to around 20k will have to put 20% down on the car to get 0% over 4 years if i want it

or what are the used prices of the v6 ctdi signum's i want the Signum Design 3.0 CDTI
    I will end up keeping the car for the next 3 years any way as the mrs wants a zaffy for her self so the siggy will be my car that the kids an the dog will need to fit in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

used m8...6mnths old ...loadsa of bargains to be had...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I always buy used.. The amount of money the value drops by in the 1st year makes it economic suicide IMO.. I bought the GSi at 10 months old for less than 1/2 showroom price.. My Dad bought his CDTi SRi 150 at 6 months old for 60% showroom price.. Both ex-vauxhall fleet cars... It doesn't make sense to me to pay the infalted price's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'd buy used normally. My car will be new simply because I'm getting 45% off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Used every time, I've had new cars in the past and lost sooooo much it's unreal. My veccy was was just over 9 months old and virtually half new price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This depreciation curve is almost vertical as the value drops like a stone as you drive it out of the dealers on day one, gradually easing off to a more reasonable curve tending down to around zero at ten years (for argument sake).
    Take the case of a £20k (on the road price) car. Buy it new and run it ten years – that’s £2k a year which is okay, but a more sensible option is to buy it a one year old for £10k and run it for nine years – that a much more reasonable £1,100 a year.
    The real loser is the owner who buys it brand new but only keeps it one year. He’s looking at a potential annual coat of ten grand!!! Companies do this, of course, because there are all sorts of tax benefits in making a losses on assets and they probably don’t pay anything like list price anyway.
    In my opinion, buying at nine to twelve months old makes the most sense, especially since the general adoption of three year warranties by all the major manufacturers. The odd trim issues (that are only covered for a year) can then be sorted out free, leaving you a couple of years “gold plated” manufacturers warranty – infinitely better than any of these “warranty direct” type of schemes.
    I personally got the “brand new car” bug out of my system in 1985, and since then have always bought cars just under a year old and have saved myself a packet over the years.
    Well, that’s what I think!
    Doug (one of my normal long rambling contributions!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Given the rate at which cars seem to depreciate in the UK, I reckon you'd be mad to buy new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

definitely agree with the general concensus on this one, buying new is crazy unless you're getting a damn good deal or if you want a car that there are no second hand ones available.

second hand all the way! the bundle of money you'll save will put a bigger smile on your face than the brand new car you'd drive out of the garage. just my 2 pence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Signums depreciate incredibly fast at the start. Mine (3.0Cdti Elite) lists at 27K, but I got it for 15K at 8 months old!
    The only Vx cars I've ever brought new are via the Vx "partners " discount scheme (both my Dad, and my wife's Dad are Vx pesioners), so we get 17% off, at least. And we only buy smaller cars for her (though she likes the Siggy a bit too much for my liking )

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Agree, newly new all the way. Done it for the last 3 cars now, and saved $$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information