Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Auto sensors ka puttt

The auto diming rear view mirror has packed up (with the pretty little orange downlight). The rain sensing wiper setting seems to have a mind of its own, and the auto lights just want to be on all the time despite this lovely autumn sunshine.

Might be a dim question (no pun intended) but....
    - I assume they all work off some electronic gizmo behind the rear view mirror - is that right?
    - Is it something I should get the stealers to sort out under warranty?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi mate m8
    have a look behind the cover where the sensor is and check if any plugs or wires are loose before going to the dealers.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

rain sensing wipers are be iffy unless they are 100% perfectly stuck to the windscreen and the gelpack is nice and clean.. Autolights on mine tend to come on unless bright sunlight or i'm driving heading into the direction of the sun.

The orange light not comng on is indicative of a possible missing supply voltage to it, thus could be a loose connection behind the cover. The sensor for the orange light is actually on the back of the mirror itself.

The autolights is a little hole you can see from the outside of the windscreen where it picks up the light from

The rainsensor is actually a gelpad stuck to the windscreen behind the mirror fixing cover..

Seems a couple of problems there, the autodim mirror/orange light is a seperate cable from the rain sensor.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've just been looking into the auto-dimming/ orange light problem on mine, I took the cover off around the sensor on the windscreen and typically one of the plastic clips on the cover broke off !! anyway all seems to be connected on mine and noticed the ribbon cabling goes off under the roof lining and I'm definately not pulling that off to see what's behind it!! so reluctantly have decided to leave as is, the question I do have is with the mirror itself ,how sensitive is it supposed to be? as driving last night on the motorway I noticed that cars behind (that at least had the headlights adjusted correctly) were not especially blinding and there was almost a greenish tint to their lights when viewing in the mirror, so maybe mine is working, however if I placed my finger over the sensor for a few seconds I couldn't really notice any change as such, so god knows if the mirror is doing it's job or not!!
    Cheers Pete

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by old cruiser View Post
    I've just been looking into the auto-dimming/ orange light problem on mine, I took the cover off around the sensor on the windscreen and typically one of the plastic clips on the cover broke off !! anyway all seems to be connected on mine and noticed the ribbon cabling goes off under the roof lining and I'm definately not pulling that off to see what's behind it!! so reluctantly have decided to leave as is, the question I do have is with the mirror itself ,how sensitive is it supposed to be? as driving last night on the motorway I noticed that cars behind (that at least had the headlights adjusted correctly) were not especially blinding and there was almost a greenish tint to their lights when viewing in the mirror, so maybe mine is working, however if I placed my finger over the sensor for a few seconds I couldn't really notice any change as such, so god knows if the mirror is doing it's job or not!!
    Cheers Pete
    hi
    it works with 2 sensors
    mine has a sensor in the front and one at the back of the mirror.
    the one at the front(facing foward) is the outside light sensor and the one on the rear (facing you) is the sensor that catches the light from the headlights behind you.
    best why of testing is to put your finger over the front sensor and the mirror should go dim.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mhvcbv View Post
    hi
    it works with 2 sensors
    mine has a sensor in the front and one at the back of the mirror.
    the one at the front(facing foward) is the outside light sensor and the one on the rear (facing you) is the sensor that catches the light from the headlights behind you.
    best why of testing is to put your finger over the front sensor and the mirror should go dim.
    Cheers for that , I did however do this last night but didn't really notice much difference , how long does it take for the mirror to respond , maybe I didn't leave my finger there long enough.
    Cheers Pete

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers for that , I did however do this last night but didn't really notice much difference , how long does it take for the mirror to respond , maybe I didn't leave my finger there long enough.
    Cheers Pete
    mine takes about 20-30 seconds to respond and very easy to see the mirror working.
    yours maybe on the way out.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Knowing my luck it probably is on it's way out, car is under network Q which covers all factory fitted items and did think of taking it back to get sorted , but you just know they'll wreck something in the process somewhere, so not really keen on taking it in, I'll just live with it I think.
    Cheers Pete

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Cheers Pete
    Placing you finger completely over the sensor on the BACK of the mirror should activate night mode and bring on the orange light, but to test the front mode you need to shine a torch or other localised beam into the sensor pip at the front middle of the rear view mirror

doh just seen the couple of posts above, dont forget mirror has to be in night mode before shining a torch or something at the front.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    Placing you finger completely over the sensor on the BACK of the mirror should activate night mode and bring on the orange light, but to test the front mode you need to shine a torch or other localised beam into the sensor pip at the front middle of the rear view mirror

doh just seen the couple of posts above, dont forget mirror has to be in night mode before shining a torch or something at the front.
    Cheers mate, last night when on motorway, most cars that were behind me were not particularly blinding and their lights seem to have a greenish tint to them, so I'm begining to think maybe the mirror is working and it's just the Orange light that isn't, only time car lights seemed a little blinding was if any one behind me had mis-aligned headlamps or were passing me in the middlelane and even then wasn't too bad .
    Cheers Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information