Hi Guys!

This detail has been done over 3 weeks and i thought Vectra C members should have a wee peep! We used the SILVERLINE polisher on this detail and it was superb! Enjoy!!!

Mark

evening all ,

Fiesta rs turbo J 1991 bought this car from a guy just down the road from me.On the second time of asking him if he wanted to sell (last time was 7 years ago) he wanted silly money , So asked again 2 months back and i got it , will its been sitting on his drive and being exposed to all weathers . Really looking sorry for itself but looked past that all i could think about was the finished item ...
and can not wait drive it round his house and make him cry

The car on collection

Every area was covered in green moss and a bit of bird crap, tree sap sorry no pre-wash pic s got to egar to get it washed down to see what i was upagainst.

Method for pre-wash

Autobrite citrus degreaser on all door edges,engine bay well mainly all over car
various brushes used on all door and wheel arches (wheels will be removed at later stage so more work can be done on arches and wheels )
Foamed using first time with 3D blue foam left to dwell 5 mins , then rinsed.Re-applied again using, 2BM and lambs wool mitt then rinsed again dried using a Autobrite drying towe.l
Moved into the unit to start the Paint correction work and what a surprise eh??????
Removed all lights , washer jets ,aerials and plates .

Then started to clay megs aggressive clay with 3Dfinal touch , also had wet sand some area s on way round with 3000 & 2000 paper. to remove bad staining , bird stains etc

Then started the correction work , 3M was fast cut was choice of weapon each area needed 2x hits , then 3M ultrafina using 3M pads & backing plate using a sliverline rotary polisher.

n/s/f wing

n/s/ door & quater

this was pretty much what the hole car was like this all over.....

Then moved onto the bonnet, had wet sand the whole of the bonnet with 2000 also removed washer jets & vents.
in all i think was 4-6 hits ..

this was a right pig to do , but very happy with results ..

Also in between the correction work removed the wheels cleaned and dressed arches with Autobrite mpc & 3D magic blue
also cleaned shocker & spring lower wishbone & brake caliper.

Also removed the rear side windows to re-clean the rubbers and re-fit correctly, also removed was the roof lining for better cleaning process ..

interior
was in really great condtion no mold etc wet vac seats floor

So onto the final pic s and process

taken outside for re wash for final stage , then used paint cleaner /megs glaze 7/megs sealent/ ........

Then 2 x coats of PRODUCT XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Inside unit

outside when sun come out ish

and it rained for some beading

well hope u enjoy all comments welcome

Andy & Mark

approved 3D detailer
covering staffordshire/Cheshire & Shropshire