Thread: Mugged Off By The Halifax

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Mugged Off By The Halifax

Gotta letter today to certify my shares......

1 yr ago I had 185 of them valued at £1500

Then came the credit crunch excuse which many ppl seem to be leaping into right now as a way of sacking staff and getting state help.

So a few mths ago we get a letter saying they are refloating and if I want to keep my share volume I need to send them £200+

Todays letter now reads a load of gobble with 4 lines of explanation which explains nothing and there's a 6p a minute helpline to ring to inform me that my 185 shares are now 4 shares worth...wait for it....25p each

So within one yr they have managed to lose me £1499 and have the nerve to try to swindle me out of another £200 along the way, never never never am I ever going to deal with this load of thieves ever again, they knew they weren't going to survive with a refloat, and now they will ruin the TSB with their shoddy ways, I remember wanting to switch mortgage a while ago, I have no tie in's yet they still had a way to help themselves to £400 for doing very little, HOWARD!!!! yer sacked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh HBOS shareholder...oh dear. I was always told to go for bank stocks as they are safe share investment, how wrong.

Some people are saying invest now as we are at rock bottom but it could take 10 years to get back to what we were at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

I bet you arn,t the only one that will loose a lot in shares. I have an endowment that matures in a few years. No doubt this credit crunch ( real name is recession) will have a negative affect on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

woolworths is a good investment. sir alan sugar just invested few million so it must be good......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectra1.9cdti View Post
    woolworths is a good investment. sir alan sugar just invested few million so it must be good......
    I read about that. I always stick a bit of my bonus, due next month in shares and other things. My portfolio is a wash with red at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    Gotta letter today to certify my shares......
    So a few mths ago we get a letter saying they are refloating and if I want to keep my share volume I need to send them £200
    That was optional. few people seem to have taken it up

Todays letter now reads a load of gobble with 4 lines of explanation which explains nothing and there's a 6p a minute helpline to ring to inform me that my 185 shares are now 4 shares worth...wait for it....25p each
    what they have done is issue extra shares instead of a cash dividend. the dividend would have been 6.07 p a share. each share has a nominal value of 25p. the market price is different (about 90p) you now have your original 185 shares plus an extra 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My wife and I had 60k worth of Halifax shares, but thank god we were fortunate enough to sell them just before the bubble burst, actually made some money on them which is a change for us. I still have 20k in one of their Web Saver accounts and that will be coming out on the 20th of this month after they pay the annual interest as I'm only getting 4.25%, I can get more than that just putting it into my ISA.. tax paid too, just a shame one can only put in £3600 a year each.
    Weve actually done quite well out of Premuim Bonds, not many months go by without us getting the odd £50, though I noticed after we had a sizable win about 2yrs ago and I bought another 10k worth of bonds we havent been doing so well... just the odd 50 occasionally.

How many of you still have your 1000 BT P/Pref shares which M/Thatcher generously allowed the public to buy when BT was floated, you cant say you lost on those, just a shame about the 1k limit at the time.

Thread Information