Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default give me more bhp please help

hi every1 i got a 03 plate vectra club 2ltr td is there a cheep and easy way to get a bit more power with out spending loads of money and if yes what sort of difference does it meke were to get parts and is it easy to install any 1 got any good idears i aint intreasted on going mad it just gets a bit scary now and again when you try to overtake and the acr doesent pick up speed lol thanx 1 and all

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

when i had one mate you could not do alot just vp44 tuning box which does not do alot for the money.As for remap that engine could not be done because of the hybrid ecu in the car but think some people now might be able to remap the ecu for the 2.0 dti and the 2.2dti but i might be wrong.I am sure someone else will come along soon and keep you right.I opted to change the car instead for the cdti mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiebar View Post
    when i had one mate you could not do alot just vp44 tuning box which does not do alot for the money.As for remap that engine could not be done because of the hybrid ecu in the car but think some people now might be able to remap the ecu for the 2.0 dti and the 2.2dti but i might be wrong.I am sure someone else will come along soon and keep you right.I opted to change the car instead for the cdti mate
    ok mete thanx for the reply and the info cheers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You can go to regal fella. they are in partnership with a german firm called EDS who write remaps for vauxhalls of all ilks. I had mine remapped by them about a month ago and so far so good. Its not like its a different car but when you get to 2000 rpm it really shows. IT just keeps pulling hard instead of going flat. no loss in mpg either- there's even a slight improvement if you go easy on the throttle- even around town. I'd read everywhere the car couldn't be done but where there's a will..... There was also comments about a weak ecu not coping with the higher pressure and exploding -but I'll wait and see I guess!!!! the remap takes about 2 hours cos they update all the vauxhall stuff first then they remap the fuel part of the ecu which alters the air/diesel mix and pressure to increase power (i think). it costs 430 and they reckon it takes the 2.0dti to 130bhp and 280nm of torque (205 lbft in old money).

thats whwt i was told anyway. I did it for the mpg and driveability though and I'm happy enough so far!!!!!!! its nice to have an acceleratorthat works too

: steer clear of the moor:

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by delberto View Post
    You can go to regal fella. they are in partnership with a german firm called EDS who write remaps for vauxhalls of all ilks. I had mine remapped by them about a month ago and so far so good. Its not like its a different car but when you get to 2000 rpm it really shows. IT just keeps pulling hard instead of going flat. no loss in mpg either- there's even a slight improvement if you go easy on the throttle- even around town. I'd read everywhere the car couldn't be done but where there's a will..... There was also comments about a weak ecu not coping with the higher pressure and exploding -but I'll wait and see I guess!!!! the remap takes about 2 hours cos they update all the vauxhall stuff first then they remap the fuel part of the ecu which alters the air/diesel mix and pressure to increase power (i think). it costs 430 and they reckon it takes the 2.0dti to 130bhp and 280nm of torque (205 lbft in old money).

thats whwt i was told anyway. I did it for the mpg and driveability though and I'm happy enough so far!!!!!!! its nice to have an acceleratorthat works too

: steer clear of the moor:
    thanx for he info mate sounds like what i am after i will look in to it a bit more ur a star thanx mark

Thread Information