Thread: Door Mirrors - Folding

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Door Mirrors - Folding

Having really confused my local dealer, I thought I'd see whether anybody on this newsgroup has tried to enable the folding mirrors on a vectra C.

Obviously you need to change the mirrors for the folding type and replace the switch which I've done. So far so good. I then asked the dealer whether they could enable them or check whether the controllers need to be changed.

They confirmed as I expected that they can't turn them on (tech 2 lists option but reports "that it is outside of the vehicle parameters"). This would mean one of two things. Either the controllers need to be changed for the folding mirror type ones or this is not possible at all. The only mirror specific bits of the car electrical system in the EPC are the mirrors, switch and the controllers (wiring appears same for all).

I've also noticed that since changing the mirrors and the switch the drivers side movements also move the passenger mirror as discussed on another thread. It didn't do this before! The dealer confirmed there is no tech 2 specific option for this. Makes me think there is a button combination a bit like the auto door locking to turn this on/off but haven't been able to work it out.

Any ideas?

Dieselvec1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm sure I've seen a thread on this before somewhere on here, i seem to remember something about the front electric memory seats.
    I think you need some of the wiring or the module or something that runs the electric memory seats ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Green Growler
    I'm sure I've seen a thread on this before somewhere on here, i seem to remember something about the front electric memory seats.
    I think you need some of the wiring or the module or something that runs the electric memory seats ???
    Thanks for that. Hmm do remember reading that some time back as well.

There are three controllers fitted to vec C. non fold/fold & no electric seats/electric seats and fold mirrors. The last one needs wiring for the seat control module which is not present on mine but if it is then the fold should be a turn on option (I think). I probably need the second of the three types but I'm wondering whether it can be that easy since nothing on a vec C normally is.

The Vauxhall online web form also appears to be broken so can't ask them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, seat control module, that rings a bell, I didn't really pay to much attention to the thread, as things like this soon tend to price themselves out of reach for what they are.
    Might be worth hanging on till Duncan turns up, I seem to recall he was a large part of the original thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if i remember rightly it was an option but only if you had memory seats something about when the ignition is turned off it pulls the mirrors in from memory but as said duncan will clarify

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Green Growler
    Might be worth hanging on till Duncan turns up, I seem to recall he was a large part of the original thread.
    Someone mention my name!

Here's the thread that is was discussed on here, but Paul (Leeds Vectra) and I went into it in further detail on VS.

We came to the conclusion that it may be possible to do it. You needed to have the memory seats on the car in the first place. You needed to obviously replace the mirrors and also replace the drivers mirror/window switch for a different one (looked the same but is wired differently). From memory there was maybe also a control box or something to be added, but the big if was that the loom may not have all the wiring in place, but you wouldn't find out until you had fitted the bits!!

At 200 odd quid for the mirrors alone it was an expensive gamble to find out that you couldn't do it so we both left it. I'm still very tempted to give it a shot as it would make putting the car in the garage a wee bit easier. Wouldn't have to stretch over to the passenger side to fold the mirror in - not to mention looking really whizzy when you push the button!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    Someone mention my name!
    Well, we all knew you'd turn up sooner or later.

Paul (Leeds Vectra) and I went into it in further detail on VS.
    Knew I'd seen you rambling on about it somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Still not sure. The memory seats allow the position of the mirror glass to be stored. The fold out is managed directly by the driver's door controller. However, the folding mirrors can be fitted without the electric seats (I nearly bought an 04 1.9CDTi SRI with them fitted).

The TIS2000 indicated that for foldin/out only without the postion stuff then the driver's seat module isn't involved, therefore it should just be a case of changing the controllers in the front doors (part numbers 13111459,13111458).

I think you guys have kind of convinced me to give it a go as I've already changed the mirrors and control switch (if I can get vauxhall to confirm it should work........holds breath).

Has anybody else on the forum got them fitted without the seats?

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

AFAIK nobody on the forum has electric folding mirrors at all.

I remember going into my dealers to price up the parts and even though I have the electric memory seats, I needed a different door controller which then linked to some soret of control module being required additionally.

I'd need to refresh my memory but I'm sure as well as the new mirrors, you need some sort of control module regardless of what door controller is installed.

If you get some definitive info I'd love to hear. If 'all' it is is the new mirrors and door controller with no faffing about installing a module (although I'm not holding my hopes up) I'd love to hear as I'd give it a go myself.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

AFAIK nobody on the forum has electric folding mirrors at all.

Bring on the Drinkster.. the man who has everything..

He'll be giving Ian C a run for his money now..

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information